SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Classification view in MM41 to assign class under class type "023" for batch management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have checked that in MM41 there is no classification view to assign class created under class type "023" for Batch management and batch determination.

In OMS2 i checked that for the Article type HAWA, "Classification view" is also active. If some changes are required in screen sequence to view classification view, Please advice the changes need to be done for Article type "HAWA" and screen sequence "23.

Regards.

Vijay

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tobias_König
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Vijayp,

as far as I know, the "classification view" in retail article maintenance is not able to handle other classification type then 026. It is not recommended to use standard classification in MM4x.

To assign standard classification objects, you could use transaction CL20N, but be aware that this could lead to problems in MM4x - even if you include your own built classification view in MM4x.

Hope it helps,

Tobias

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Tobias_König
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Vijayp,

as far as I know, the "classification view" in retail article maintenance is not able to handle other classification type then 026. It is not recommended to use standard classification in MM4x.

To assign standard classification objects, you could use transaction CL20N, but be aware that this could lead to problems in MM4x - even if you include your own built classification view in MM4x.

Hope it helps,

Tobias

0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

Thanks for your reply,

But in case if we can't assign class type "023" batch class with Article master in IS Retail, then how to go for batch determination on FIFO basis.

The time of goods receipt, System is creating batches with this message.

For batch 0000000591 of material 13000047006 , no class could be determined

Message no. M7207

Diagnosis

The system has been configured so that batches have to be classified for the current movement type. Since neither the material nor any batch of this material has been classified, batch &V1 cannot be classified for the current movement type.

System Response

Depending on how the system is configured, either a warning or an error message is issued.

• If the message issued is a warning (W), the system allows you to enter batch 0000000591 without classification. The warning is, however, issued to prevent you from making a wrong entry.
  • If the message issued is an error message (E), you cannot post batch 0000000591.

Procedure

You either have to classify material 13000047006 in the material master or manually create batch 0000000591 in the batch master and classify the batch there.

As soon as a class has been assigned to the material or a batch of this material, you can classify other batches of this material upon goods movements.

I know how to do this with Material master,there we have classification view to assign batch class . Please guide me in Retail.

Regards,

Vijay

0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

it is possible to assign class type "023" batch class with Article master in IS Retail. But not with transaction MM4x.

You have to do it as you would do it with material master via e.g. - I'm just guessing at this point - transaction MSC1N?

Regards

Tobias

0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Class type 022 is used for Batches. Use Tcode CL24N to assign batch class and its characteristic value to Article. In Retail the classification tab is not available in article master MM41.

For Batch determination on FIFO basis: Under the following node maintain the relevant customizing

Logistic - General -> Batch Management ->Batch Determination and Batch Check ->Strategy Types ->Define Inventory Management Strategy Types

Regards, 

Ramkrishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Tobias & Ramkrishna,

Thanks for your answers.

I checked and understand that in IS Retail assignment of class for batch to Article master can be done by CL20N , CL24N.

In Retail the classification tab is not available in Article master MM41.

Thanks & Regards,

Vijay P.Bhaware