cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Down Payment in Sales Order

sachin_g
Explorer
0 Kudos

We have special requirement from our client. As per requirement we need to implement down payment processing in sales order. However requirement is do trigger down payment on the basis of Order Reason. We found a option of milestone billing to process down payment. However billing plan triggers on the basis of Item category. We want to trigger the down payment on the basis of order reason ? Can we achieve this ? If yes can anybody give me your valuable inputs on this ?

My second question is if we want to trigger it at document header level then is it sufficient to assign billing plan type to order type. and what is the role of downpayment condition type AZWR ? should it be header condition ?

Requesting all to please give us your valuable inputs on this .

Thanks and Regards

Sachin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Answer to Q1

Try with USEREXIT_CHECK_VBAK in program MV45AFZB

Answer to Q2

AZWR is a item condition

G. Lakshmipathi

sachin_g
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Lakshmipathi for your input. We just want to trigger billing plan for one order type and item categories are not fixed. So we can not assign the billing plan to item category. I just assign the billing plan type to Order type .Just wanted to check from you is if I maintain a logic in the user exit you provided that if there is a order reason then system will trigger billing plan. It will show at doc header. Then Can I make the downpayment on the document header level. ? and Yes AZWR is a item condition but can it work if I make it haeder manual condition?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

billing plan triggers on the basis of Item category. We want to trigger the down payment on the basis of order reason ? Can we achieve this ? If yes can anybody give me your valuable inputs on this ?

To activate billing plan based on Order reason is not part of standard SD. You would have to go for some enhancement (i.e. coding).

When does the user set the Order reason?

If user give Order reason and Usage, both fields at sales order header level (Tab Sales); then the item category could be determined and assignment of billing plan and item category could be used (which is standard).

My second question is if we want to trigger it at document header level then is it sufficient to assign billing plan type to order type. and what is the role of downpayment condition type AZWR ? should it be header condition ?

You can assign billing plan to the sales document type.

AZWR is a condition type, just like PR00. For more details you can check t-code V/06.

Role of AZWR - From configuration the value of downpayment is 1000USD populates in the sales order. If business wants to give a partial downpayment amount, then in the sales order, at item level, Tab Conditions, enter value of AZWR = 800USD.

Downpayment is in one of the line item (the first) in the sales order. Thereafter there are the rest of the partial payments.

Construction project, payment plan is agreed as -

1. Customer shall pay 10% upfront (this is downpayment)

2. Customer shall pay 40%, when project completes 1year

3. Customer shall pay 50%, at the time of completion

As condition type AZWR is part of only line 1, thus it is not a header condition type, it is an item condition type.

sachin_g
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks a ton this clears me very much.