Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transporting Personas Flavours

IanStubbings
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

We have a multi client development environment on most of our dev systems with the unit testing occurring in a separate client (120)  to development (100). The system our Personas PoC is running on is no different and therefore we have developed our Personas flavours in the development client. 

Both clients are now configured for Personas access and I am able to transport the flavours from client 100 to 120. However, once transported, some of the images are missing from 120.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks

Ian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The images have to be added to the transport separately as "Media files". They don't transport automatically with the flavours that use them. Could that be it?

Steve.

IanStubbings
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Steve

Thanks for the reply.

Most of the images were added automatically when I created the transport(s). On checking the transport, there is an entry for /PERSOS/MEDIA which contains 28 entries and on checking the media files in both clients, 100 has 89 entries and 120 has 50 entries. I haven't transported any media files manually so was curious how they got attached before I retransported all the media files to 120 anyway.

Thanks

Ian

IanStubbings
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Transported all media files manually and all well in 120 now. I guess I'd just to know if this is always going to be manual activity or whether the media files will be included automatically in an update to the Personas software.

Thanks

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to check my understanding I've created a transport with just one flavour. That flavour has a custom background image. The image file is not included in the transport. I have to add it manually. I don't have button images or other image objects but I can't see why they would be any different from background images.

My assumption, therefore, is that if you want images to go in a transport with a flavour you need to add them to the transport separately. Of course, you don't need to do that every time - once they're in the system you only need to transport them if they change.

That doesn't explain how you got some images in the new test client without explicitly transporting them. Perhaps they were uploaded manually by someone? Was the client created by client copy?

Anyway, I would assume you need to transport explicitly, at least until somebody who knows for sure contributes to this thread!

Steve.

0 Kudos

Hi Ian,

As Steve mentioned, media files have to be transported separately.

For the new test client, are you sure that no images were uploaded?

Also, have you upgraded your Personas. Like 1.0 to SP01? because there were some pre-requisite migration steps for group and images.

Probably, you can also check for entries in /persos/media to see entries like "created by" "created on". Might give us some hint!!

Just tested again and it works same as what Steve is mentioning.

Regards,

Sushant

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Steve,

Out of interest, how are you deploying flavours?

We plan to deploy via NWBC, as such i will have to provide access to transaction flavours via a role, and our roles are maintained in client 200.

I think I may have to adjust our process to maintain roles and flavours in 400 rather and transport them from there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We maintain roles in our config client also, but I'm not deploying via NWBC so I don't have an interaction between roles and flavors. In your case I think I'd transport flavors to the config client, rather than changing the process for building roles. It is less risky that way.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Morning,

I have a similar question, thought I'd post it here rather than creating a new thread.

We also have a config client and unit testing client in our dev environment, client 200 is a golden client for config only and 400 is the unit testing client where we have data, we use SCC1 to transport the config from 200 to 400 for unit testing.

This presents us with an issue for personas flavour development since we don't create any data in the golden client, as I'm sure you can imagine, creating flavours would often result in the creation of some dummy data.

How are others with a golden dev client managing their flavour development?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think it makes sense to develop flavors in a golden config client. You need data to be able to record scripts, and as you say the recording process will often create data.. The create-test-fix cycle time is so short that putting in an extra step for SCC1 inter-client transports would be very annoying and reduce productivity enormously.

Personally I develop in the unit test client, client 400 in your case. I transport from there to QA and PRD, and the flavors never make it to the golden config client. I see no point in having them there.

Steve.