cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to display Lead zero's in Adobe form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I am working on an HCM process and form requirement where there is on editable field showing object value (Eg: 00000038 ) but it gets shown as 38.

I have tested the process the output value shown is 00000038 but when displaying through Adobe ( Via Data binding Adobe ) it shows as 38.

I tried to use the option in Adobe desighner patterns such as "Allow Zeros" it did not work.

Can you please help.

Thanks & Regards,

Murthy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murthy,

Try to keep the field as type "Text Field".

To do this Right Click on the field-> Palettes -> Objects -> In the Field tab -> Select the Type as "Text Field'.

Regards,

Mayank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mayank,

I have already chosen this option. Just to add the field which is assighned to data binding is a NUMC8 variable.

Regards,

Murthy

rakesh_m2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murthy,

In adobe forms, it will automatically truncate the lead zeroes for fields like material number.  To not truncate the lead zeroes, copy the field to a character field (a temporary string variable) and use it accordingly in the form.

Thanks,

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

Thank you very much for the response.

My requirement is the field which I am refering to is an editable one which can be populated through F4 help ( On Adobeform ) The search option is coming from the data element linked to the field on Adobeform. So I cannot change the property to Char type.

Is there any other option please.

Regards,

Murthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murthy,

If it possible to change the type of that field in HRASR_DT without altering the functionality then you can try that, else you can copy the value of that field in another Text filed and use the new text field for display in the Form.

Regards,

Mayank

sahirn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which field are using? Is it associated with any infotype?

One of the options is as indicated by Mayank below.

The other option - is to create a custom field associate it with a generic service.

In the generic service copy the values to the custom field and format it as needed.

On the from you would have display this field.

Regards,

Sahir.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When I test the process which call the forms,it shows the lead zeros. Please find the screen shot below.

But when I mapp the above field CSTI_GRP_NO ( The data type of this field is NUMC8 with no conversion exit attached ) in Adobeform through binding. It gets displayed as 38 ( With out lead zeros )

Regards,

Murthy

rakesh_m2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murthy,

Press syntax check on the form you have developed.  It will give you list of warnings, which will say the conversion routine and SAP note which needs to be used like below

Can you please try that.   In SAP note 1550878 (related note for above sap note) has procedure to display fields using 'Conversion Exits'. 

Thanks,

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rakesh,

Thanks very much for your time.

I will check and get back to you on this.

Regards,

Murthy