cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to My Sample Database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am using SAP Mobile Platform 30 days trail version in cloudshare. Everything is working fine in it. (I still have 23 days of trail period)

Now I downloaded and installed SAP Mobile Platform in my local machine and connected to My Unwired servers using host name with the external address I got from Cloudshare. But I am unable to connect to My Sample Database. Whenever I double click on it, it is showing an error dialog as "Creating connections to My Sample Database has encountered a problem" and in details pane I got information as

Could not connect to My Sample Database.

Error creating SQL Model Connection connection to My Sample Database. (Error: JZ006: Caught IOException: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect)

JZ006: Caught IOException: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

Error creating JDBC Connection connection to My Sample Database. (Error: JZ006: Caught IOException: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect)

JZ006: Caught IOException: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

Please help me in solving this problem.

Thanks in advance,

Uday

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

Please cross check server name/ip address   for both sup server and sample data base server connection profile.

Is it possible for you to share snapshot of sample database connectivity profile?

Meanwhile please check,

http://scn.sap.com/community/developer-center/mobility-platform/blog/2013/05/11/sybase-unwired-sampl...

Rrgds,

Jitendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply! I am able to connect to SUP server and also fetched Hybrid Apps that I have designed in Cloudshare (remote desktop) but while trying to connect to database it is showing error dialog as follows.

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You are trying to connect sample database by mentioning server name as local host.

Is SUP server on same (local) machine?

Earlier you mentioned

You are connected to My Unwired servers using host name with the external address I got from Cloudshare.

Didn't you try with same external ip address to connect to sample database?

Regards,

Jitendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

I even tried to connect to sample database with same external address I got from cloudshare. But getting same error. I have installed SAP Mobile Platform SDK in my local machine but not SUP server. I am trying to access the server that is in Cloudshare. It is working fine, I am saying this because I am able to work on data that I created in Cloudshare.

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

Sample database, sup server and Sybase control center come along with sybase runtime env setup. So what ever server name /ip config you are mentioning for sup server, Same ip address has to be with sample database connectivity.

By default, user name and password for above connection are dba, sql respectively.

Do you have access to that machine where sup server is installed? 

If yes,  go to services and check if sample database service is up and running.

Rrgds,

Jitendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jitendra,

As I said before I am using Cloudshare remote desktop implemented My Project, I am using same server name, port no,... and I am successful in connecting to server but unable to connect to sample database in it. The service is up in remote desktop and later only I am using workspace in local machine.

Thanks and regards,

Uday

jimguo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you have firewall in your network?

I sugguest you try with another PC if possible.

Thanks.

Jim