Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SO confirmed qty lower than delivered qty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

For one of our customers, I ran into this weird situation:

I found a sales order with multiple items, but one item has order qty 180, confirmed qty 0 (zero), delivered qty 180.

The item is completely delivered & invoiced, the changelog shows no changes to the quantities.

I attached a screenshot of the schedule line in question.

I have two questions:

1. How can such a thing occur ? Afaik, no delivery can be created for zero confirmed qty (I even tested this in their system). This company is doing a lot or rescheduling (lots of backorder scheduling jobs) - could this program screw up the already delivered quantity in any way ?

2. How can the quantity be fixed in the order, without cancelling and redoing the whole sales flow ? The order appears in several reports, where normally no completed orders should appear.

Thank you in advance for your help !

Cosmin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx everyone for your suggestions. I already checked all the customizing I see relevant for the sales flow, as well as the user exits and routines, nothing. I could not replicate the issue, no matter how I tried.

Unless it's a bug, I'll probably have to go deeper and look through the BADI's , as DB49 suggested.

I will post here if I get any relevant information, but until then, I think this is it..

Thanx,

Cosmin

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

but one item has order qty 180, confirmed qty 0 (zero), delivered qty 180

To me, this is not related to any functional configuration issue but because of some enhancement set for availabillity check, delivery creation etc. due to the fact that it is not happening for all orders.   You need to check with ABAPer and find out in debug mode how the delivery was created and posted for goods issue. 

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cosmin,

How can such a thing occur ?

You should examine the configuration for the specific errant delivery; the doc type and Item category type.  Some deliveries do not require confirmation in the Sales doc in order to be created. IMG > Logistics Execution > Shipping > Deliveries > Define delivery types ; Define Item Categories.

Also, check copy control Sales Doc > Delivery,   IMG > Logistics Execution > Shipping > Copying Control  > All three items.

If these checks do not yield any insight, have your developers check for enhancements or BADIs for delivery creation, including creation via Delivery due list.  There are too many enhancements to mention here.  Start with MV50AFZ1 and work your way down the list.  Also a boatload of BADIs have an impact on delivery creation, start with LE_SHP_DELIVERY_PROC and work down the list.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you tell how the delivery document is created i.e. is it created manually by some user. If it is so what is delivery creation date, is it in future. It could be the case that stock may not be available when sales order was created but delivery document can be created by putting delivery date as in future provided stock would be available on that date (by doing config in availability check) and it can be processed further with same date in future.

Hope you get some inputs

regards,

Sagar Wagh

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

plz check your ZTAN settings in the System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Siva, I checked the ZTAN customizing (also the order type customizing), nothing "suspicious" caught my eye...unless I am missing something. Can you be more specific about what yu think might cause this in the item category customizing ?

Thanx,

Cosmin

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check if the Filed Item relevant for Delivery is active(user for Text Items)

whether the availability check is active in schedule line

Former Member
0 Kudos

ZTAN is pretty much a copy of the standard TAN (ZTAN has "credit active" ON and another incompletion procedure, other than that they are similar).

Availability check is active for that material both at sales order and delivery level, the settings are again pretty much the standard 02 - A  / B combinations (except no purchase orders are taken into consideration).

I checked all the "usual suspects", again - nothing caught my eye. And it's the 1st time in my career that I see such an example, so normally I am very curious as to how it could happen.

Thanx!