cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

checking memory utilization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I would like to know how much memory utilized by sap instance, where i have already gone through ST03 and  ST06.

How to check the performance improvement where I have increased RAM from 4 GB to 8 GB.

Please help me which statistics i need to check to  know the performance is increased due to  RAM size.

Thanks

Srikanth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member215981
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

please check ST06, you may find the following entry

Memory

Description                          Value Description                          Value

Physical mem avail  Kb            16776412 Physical mem free   Kb             2455960
Pages in/s                               0 Kb paged in/s                            0
Pages out/s                             15 Kb paged out/s                          60

Best Regards,

Yong Luo

former_member183107
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the OS is unix then you can use the below commands:-

1. top

2. swapinfo -tam

3. glance

Regards,

Himanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi,

OS is Linux , Actually I would like to check how much physical ram memory using out of total memory?

Thanks

Srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please try some of the below steps.

Please check the usage of shared memory segments:

ipcs -as |grep "^s" |awk '{a = a + $9} END{print a}'

how much it grow (for example every 24 hours you can see the increase using this.)

Please run this commad.

ipcs -am

then total the column in bold and you will get how uch memory is used by particular SID.

m   36339717 0x00000000 --rw-r-----    sidadm    sapsys    sidadm    sapsys      1       1024 23564 23564 18:03:51 no-entry 18:03:51

next is the top command that will show you the usage by each process.

Have you got SMD and wily agent in solman and this system connected to it. if yes you can check the use in Wily also for this host.

Hope it helps.

Thanks

Rishi abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have a look in transaction ST02 to the SAP memory section.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please provide os so that we can provide you some os based tools to check the utilization.

Have you take some stats that can give you comparison what is the improvement.

What was the reason that you increased the memory?

Any specific process that was giving issue.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol