Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Bin during Putaway TO Confirmation- query

former_member220444
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We created function module for the putaway strategy, due to standard putaway is not suitable for our business.

While confirming the Transfer order, user has functionality to change the bin number. If the bin number is changed by the user, system should again check for the Putaway strategy that the Bin entered is appropriate or not. But standard program is not checking our Function Module & TO is confirmed with LT12 without any bin checking. This is leading to posting of material into the wrong bin.

Request you to kindy help to provide some BADI, BAPI or user exist, so that we may call our function module at the time of LT12 confirmation and will be able to check the bin number which is changed manually is suitable or No. 

Hope my query is understandable.

Regards,

Manish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member435196
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Manish,

I agree with Mr.

As you said you are using custom developed function module/program, I believe you are using TO confirmation FM L_TO_CONFM in same program. My suggestion is,

You need to write a logic of bin determination as per your business requirement in your customized function module/program upfront  and then execute the TO confirmation function module at last. Enter the determined bin value (NLPLA) and NLTYP (storage type) in table T_LTAP_CONF of TO confirmation function module with your warehouse number and TO number and then execute it.

You have below three cases.

(A) Suggested value of Bin- 

(B) Changed value of Bin -

(C) Expected/True value of bin  -  If (A) and (B) in not true then pass through your bin determination logic.

Please establish proper balance as per your need and write the logic in the program.  After passing through all above cases, determine final NLPLA= Bin value and enter it in  table T_LTAP_CONF of TO confirmation function module. Now if your question is how to determine true bin value then I can not comment on this because I need to understand business  criteria on the basis bin determination occurs.

Thanks,

Milind Chaudhari

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems logical that the system is not checking your function module for putaway strategy since the user is entering the storage bin directly. As per the standard procedure system will search for the storage type followed by storage section and finally determine the bin (always in that order and not Storage bin to Storage type). So in your case since the bin is entered directly (which belongs to a storage type) system will assume that user has entered a bin which belongs to the correct storage type with enough capacity. So I hope its a user discipline issue to enter the right storage bin.

Thanks n Regards,

former_member220444
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SAP FC,

Thanks for your explanation.  Just for example Mix storage is not allowed in the storage bin in the storage type, so the system should check when we are changing the storage bin.

However the details provided by you are justifiable.

I am still looking for some bapi, exit which will help us for appropriate bin during TO confirmation.

Regards,

Manish

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Don't you use the SAP given function modules to confirm?

L_TO_CONFIRM is supposed to work in general equally to LT12 confirmation, at least it is written that way in the german version of this OSS Note 447328 - L_TO_CONFIRM - Documentation of the interfaces

What message to you get if you do the same in LT12?