cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add Easy DMS folder into Favorites folder in Windows 7?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

How can we add Easy DMS folder into Favorite folder in windows 7?

I am able to add favorite folder link into Windows XP using internet explorer's standard functionality 'Add to favorites'. It does not work for Windows 7 as Easy DMS GUI does not have that option. I tried to create copy and paste link option as well. Windows 7 is not able to create any short cut link there.

Do we need to implement export folder option for this?

With Regards,

Brijesh Sah

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Brijesh,

I tested this behavior already on my Windows 7 laptop myself and I have to inform you that it is not possible to add a specific folder to the Windows Explorer Favorites in Windows 7. This change in the
behavior is due to changes on Microsoft side and we are not able to make this functionality valid again  I'm sorry that I cannot offer you a more positive reply on this
question.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Christoph,

Thanks for your reply.

If it is MIcrosoft windows change then Can We handle it through some custom microsoft foundation classes (MFC) development ?

With Regards,

Brijesh Sah

elmarmueller
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Dear Christoph, dear Brijesh,

I have found a workaround for that which I used for my environment:

Create a Link of EasyDM on the Desktop

Drag and Drop the Link to Favorites

You can als Drag and Drop that Link to the Taskpane of Windows7

If you don't like the naming "SAP Easy Document Management - Link", you can rename it on the Desktop or in the Favorites.

Have fun.

Bests,

Elmar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Elmar,

Thanks for your reply.

I do not want to add short cut icon into favorite menu. I want to add particular document structure folder into favorite menu.

For example: There is one folder for engineering. Now engineering folder contains list of drawings inside drawing folder. If foreman wants to add this drawing folder into his favorite menu. Foreman is not able to add specifc folders into favorite menu..

It is easily possible to add these kind of document structure folder into favorite menu in Windows XP. If user is already logged into easy DMS then we can easily navigate to that folder otherwise it ask for login details and after successfull login it directly goes to specified favorite folder.

This functionality is not possible in Windows 7 and when user logs in then public folder is visible to him then he/she has to navigate to particular folder. He/she needs to follow this each time he/she logs into Easy DMS.

Therefore favorite menu is very nice option for direct navigation however windows 7 does not provide this kind of navigation.

With Regards,

Brijesh Sah

elmarmueller
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Dear Brijesh,

indeed, favorite menu in Win7 does not provide that possibility for navigation .

What you could do instead of that is using the personal or private folder in EasyDM.

You could create a link of that folder or other DIRs into that folder.

Copy ( Cntrl + C ) the folder or an other DIR you want and "Past As Link" ( into e.g. your personal folder in EasyDM ), you will get then also the entire structure.

Bests,

Elmar

Answers (0)