Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quality notification for general processes

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need to map the Quality notifications for general purposes in SAP QM where requests from other departments are executed. I'll put the scenario in following ways,

1. Sample analysis:  Samples are sent to Lab 1 for chemical analysis.

2. Sample preparation: Sample are sent to Lab 2 for sample preparation which are required to carry out mechanical testing in the lab.

We need to map the process in a way where a user can generate a notification in the system which would be intimated to Lab for the desired job to be done. Lab 1 would complete the chemical analysis and would close the notification indicating the completion of task.

Similarly, lab 2 would close the notification after sample preparation and mechanical testing completion.

I have not used to notification therefore did not too much about it. I also went through the content available but couldn't get enough guidance. Kindly guide how the system can be mapped? Further assistance to introduce the Email system would do good so that emails can be sent to respective users in the basis of notification status i.e created and closed.

Kind regards,

ntn 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Right now, i am also doing the same scenario, i will explain what am trying to do, which may be useful to you..

1. customized new notification type for Lab service request with all required fields( based on user requirement).

2. Using workflow, sending the alert to lab person mail when the notification created / released. ( u can also use Email Send option by assigning action box in notification)

3. lab person can complete the notification after finishing his activity. when notification get closed, the same way the alert will be received by requested person.

but here you need the help of abaper to acheive your requirements exactly. also what Kim said in earlied comment is right,  custom program is better. you can decide based on your user requirement.

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use the transaction IQS21 (simplified notification), IQS8/IQS9 (worklist for notification/task).

You can config the screen layout for notification type, start value for transaction and action box.

You can enhance custom logic, fields into notification using user exit.

I know some company tried to implement the notification functionality for similar requirement.

But.... after go-live (eg. 1 year after) nobody use it.

Because the SAP notification is not good tool for communication.

Simple custom program can be better than notification.

Regards

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

As I understand, you want to track the inspection status of material, that, whether it is with Lab 1 or Lab 2.

I feel that use of quality notification may not serve the purpose here, as notifications are mainly meant for recording defects, its causes and actions that you performed to eliminate the defects. It provides a complete why why analysis.

I suggest you should explore one of the following possibilities if suits to business constraints,

Option-1

1. You should have 2 fictitious storage locations, i.e. LAB1 and LAB2
  2. Customize new movement type Z11 by copying 311, for location to location transfer
  3. Assign inspection type 08 in material master.
  4. How it will work - When you transfer the material from any location to LAB1, system will generate 1 inspection lot of 08 origin.
  5. The stock moves in to quality inspection of LAB1 location.
  6. You should then clear this lot through QA32
  7. Later when you are done with LAB1 testing, transfer the same material in to LAB2 using same movement i.e. Z11 through MB1B
  8. It will generate another inspection lot of 08.
  9. On the basis on storage location filter, you can very well distinguish how many lots are currently open (of LAB1 or LAB2) in QA32.

Option - 2

1. You must be using 01 or 04 inspection type for its first inspection
  2. Add 2 operations in above inspection plan. One as LAB1 and another LAB2.
  3. As a result if this, when you try to record results for 04 or 01 lot, you will be prompted to choose operation between LAB1 and LAB2.
  4. After double clicking on any of operation, MICs will be seen, which would be that operation relevant.
  5. With operation confirmation facility you can track the current status of inspection.

Emails can very well be triggered to intended recipients using follow up action in usage decision.

Regards, Anand

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Either I put the matter in inappropriate manner or you just misunderstood it completely

Anyways, I'll explain it again. And it is somewhat like basic functionality of PM notification (IW21))

Basically, no inspection set up or material movement is involved. Lab 1 is chem lab and Lab 2 is mech testing lab which serves the respective testing for QA users and other users also.

They want to map the process in SAP, for information and communication, as in whenever a user sends a sample for analysis or testing, lab personals need request through SAP and similarly, communicate the same once the job is completed. Lab personal may want to propose expected date of completion in the notification, if feasible. Then they would change the status from 'Created' to  'Complete' in SAP. This way user can also track the status of their request in SAP only

I hope I could explain better this time.

Kind regards,

ntn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Have to tried creating catalogs for Tasks. I mean, create catalogs of type '2' namely: Lab1 and Lab2.

Whenever you send the samples to any of the Labs, you can create a Task or the respective Lab. This will give you the sample sent date. And whenever, this Task is completed you will get the completion date.

Best Regards,

Rahul