SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting area R001 for Payment on account

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Experts!

I am trying to do Payment on account (in tcode FP05 for an item click buttons: Clarify Payment -> Post online -> On Account).

Error message appears: "Account determination not possible for key LE21  /      /01    /0060 /0010, posting area R001".

In my opinion:

- in Posting area R000 I define G/L account for Down payment (credit posting, amount with tax)

- in Posting area 0010 - G/L account for Tax on Sales (credit posting, tax)

- in Posting area 0020 - G/L account for Offset tax (debit posting, tax)

- also post (debit) on Bank account (amount with tax).

Why does Posting area R001 need?

If for tax determination, else which role does G/L account from this Posting area have?

Thanks in advance,

Dmitriy.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dimitry,

In SAP FI-CA, when you are posting a non-statistical transaction through a combination of main\sub transaction, then it hits two types of GL A/c-Balance Sheet A/c and P&L account.

Posting area R000 maps the balance sheet GL A/c against the particular combination of Company Code\division\Account ID\main Transaction

Posting area R001 maps the P&L GL A/c against the particular combination of Company Code\division\Account ID\main Transaction\sub Transaction

So for posting any non-statistical transaction, you need to have both the posting areas configured in SAP.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dimitry,

In SAP FI-CA, when you are posting a non-statistical transaction through a combination of main\sub transaction, then it hits two types of GL A/c-Balance Sheet A/c and P&L account.

Posting area R000 maps the balance sheet GL A/c against the particular combination of Company Code\division\Account ID\main Transaction

Posting area R001 maps the P&L GL A/c against the particular combination of Company Code\division\Account ID\main Transaction\sub Transaction

So for posting any non-statistical transaction, you need to have both the posting areas configured in SAP.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dimitry,

Adding to what Amlan has already said, Posting Area: R001 in particular is used to determine the 'Sales Revenue Account' for a business transaction. Hence, it is possible for you to have multiple revenue accounts (derived via sub-transaction) for one main-transaction.

In addition to the revenue account, you can maintain other assignments here as well, such as:

- tax codes

- business area

- CO assignment objects (cost centers, profit center etc. )

To resolve your error message, you would have to maintain an account assignment for the <ADID/CCode/Division/Main-tran/Sub-tran> combination as stated in the error detail.

thanks,
Usman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You can post on account payment in fp05 by ticking on post on Acct in the special usage area in the bottom left of  main clarification screen and then selecting post , rather than going to post online and then on account.Here you will not get the message that you currently receive.

As i understand you are posting an on account payment so the only accounting entry that should be found is Bank Dr to Customer Cr . There should be no  revenue G/L determination i.e  maintained in Ek02(T-CODE) .

My guess is that the Clarify Payment -> Post online -> On Account is some how  related to down payment i.e if on account payments are to be received as down payments. i think that why its looking for  tax code FM ---isu_tax_determine_code_select in event 2220. Though i am not sure exactly how and why .

you can look into event--112,2220 and can also go through the note-920054 to get more information.

Message was edited by: santrupta pani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for replies!

No, Santrupta, if I tick on "Post on Acct" (in the "Special usage" area) and then selecting "Post", I also get the selfsame message.

And, yes, it is logically that determination revenue G/L account isn't necessary.

But, as Amlan said, "for posting any non-statistical transaction, you need to have both the posting areas configured in SAP"!

However which of the posting will be done on the G/L account, what was defined in area R001?

None?

And can I define any of G/L accounts in R001?

Thanks in advance,

Dmitriy.

0 Kudos

Hi Dimitry,

As said previously, posting area R001 contains the P&L A/c,.i.e. the revenue accounts. In addition, it is also used for determination of the tax determination code, and of information about any additional accounts.

Say, suppose when you are posting an Invoice, then

In IS-U,

Contract Account is Debited

In FI

B/S A/C is debited

Revenue A/c is Credited

Tax A/c is credited

To facilitate these entries in FI, you have to use posting area R000 and R001.

Moreover, in posting area R001, we don't define GL A/c, we only assign them against the particular combination of main\sub.

Hope it clarifies

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi ,

can you please check and tell  if in table TFK001B, for your company code if field XAKAN (Create Dwn Pymt) ="X".

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

Nevertheless, which role does G/L account from Posting area R001 (in "G/L account" mandatory field) have during Payment on account posting?

None?

Can I put any of G/L accounts in "G/L account" field in R001 for Payment on account posting purpose?

Thanks in advance,

Dmitriy.

0 Kudos

Hi Santrupta,

Yes, XAKAN (Create Dwn Pymt) ="X" for my company code in table TFK001B.

Best regards,

Dmitriy.

0 Kudos

Hi Dmitriy ,

In your company code you have activated that all your on account payments will be received as down payments , if you want that to happen please maintain the appropriate account in EK02 (posting area R001) against the main sub 0060/0010 , so that on account payments are received as down payments .

Else if you do not want to receive on account payments as down payments , then you have to deactivate the flag , and no customizing activity in posting area  R001 will be required to post on account payments .

P.S -- for deactivating the flag go to ---contract account receivables and payable--- organizational units--set up company codes for contract account receivables and payable.