Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Business Object 4.0 CMS Server Alert in Danger Mode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I've just found another problem in my client SAP BO SP5 Edge :

1.       When i direct to CMC - Monitor - Dashboard , I found that Core Services Status in Danger , and when i expand it, it shows Central                     Management Server which caused the Danger Status.

2.       Then i click Central Management Server node, i found this :

BOE_SIA.CentralManagementServer.Current Number of Auditing Events in the Queue = 121.212 -> Caution Threshold>60.000

I attached the picture.

What causes Central Management Server in Danger ? What should i do? Is this will impact to another process such as when Lots of User Login and Use SAP Webi and Very Slow?

Please Help.

Regards,

Setiawan Ang

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has auditing been configured?

There can be a scenario where audting has been enabled for couple of application for which auding has been set(for services / application) However if a audit db has not been configured. the events would be kept  on hold till Audit Db has been configured and the CMS would push the entries to the db.

Can you check the audit folder in installation directory of BO. There may be many files which have some size. This would make us understand that CMS which is the auditor does not send the entries.

The performance may get affected. "How " I am not sure, but this is an assumption if the CMS tries to ping and obtain the availability of the audit db.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arvind,

I've not configured auditing.But when i try to configure i got this error :

Please Help,

Thanks,

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do we have a auditing connection created such as ODBC , JDBC etc to a Audit db you would have.

Check the link http://scn.sap.com/community/bi-platform/blog/2013/01/07/sap-businessobjects-40-auditor-configuratio...

Should help with configuration.

Good luck.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have a look here.

To answer 1& 2

Optimize the parameter below and set the Caution & Danger alerts accordingly.

Adaptive Processing server -> Metrics -> Current Number of Auditing Events in the Queue.

This is not going to make any impact your performance in anyway and it indicated that the Audit database is not in sync. with the Audit log.

KBA's to refer

1804574 - Auditing data may remain in server buffer warning in CMC-Auditing section

1671493 - "Warning: Auditing data remaining in server buffers" <node_name.server_name> when selecting 'auditing' tab in the Central Management Console (CMC)

Regards,

Mani