cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

/SAPAPO/SDORDER_DEL program long runtime issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are experiencing long runtime with program /SAPAPO/SDORDER_DEL when we run with below options ticked

- Adjust ATP Tables with /SAPAPO/POSMAPN

- Delete Obsolete Records in the /SAPAPO/POSMAPN Table

A single instance of this job runs weekly for all locations. The runtime is typically 8 to 10 hours.

In order to reduce the runtime, we want to split the job into multiple instances and run it parallely for blocks of locations. i.e. I have 50 locations in my system and I want to run 5 instances of this program in parallel each with 10 of the locations.

Do I need to have the below two ticks only in one of these variants or I can have them in all 5 variants?

- Adjust ATP Tables with /SAPAPO/POSMAPN

- Delete Obsolete Records in the /SAPAPO/POSMAPN Table

I was referring to the note

Note 894294 - /sapapo/sdorder_del: Performance and advice (as of SCM 4.0)

This note says below:

At least for the first time you run the report, we recommend that you run it several times in succession using the following parameters:

1) "Selective deletion" with a corresponding selection of product, location and so on, it may also be necessary to run it in blocks according to product and/or location.

2) Use /SAPAPO/POSMAPN to compare ATP tables

3) Delete obsolete records in the /SAPAPO/POSMAPN table

If, however, you split the 'Selective deletion' option into selection blocks of products and/or locations, note that the other options (2 and 3) are independent of this split. Ensure that these options (2 and 3) are processed only once in each case.

Can somebody help me to understand how to use the options (2 and 3) in multiple parallel instances of the program /SAPAPO/SDORDER_DEL?

Thanks in advance

Ehsan Ahmed

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ehsan Ahmed,

This is what we did when we faced the long run time issues in terms of the program /SAPAPO/SDORDER_DEL.

1) We have created a background job with 3 steps in it.

2) Step (1) has a variant that has all the plants entered in the tab "Delete on Database" and none of the check boxes were selected except the last one "Log deleted items".

3) Step (2) has a variant that has all the plants entered in the tab "Delete on Database" and select the check box "Delete Obsolete Records in the /SAPAPO/POSMAPN table and the last check box "Log deleted items".

4) Step (3) has a variant that has all the plants entered in the tab "Delete on Database" and select the check box "Adjust ATP tables with /SAPAPO/POSMAPN" and the last check box "Log deleted items".

Most importantly in all the steps, enter Last changed before date "3 months or 4 months old" depending on your project requirement.

Hope this helps.

Babu Kilari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rorie and Babu for your suggestion.

We have implemented them and the runtime has come down. However, it is very marginal.

The runtime for the 3 variants in sequence is as follows:

48 min
9 hours, 50 min
1 hour, 9 min

I think this is the best option possible.

Thanks

Ehsan Ahmed

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eshan,

Try to run this way.

Create 3 variants. Select "delete on Database"

1st variant - will contain All product and all locations ( Pattern = *) , The last changed before what we are giving is "Current date - 90 days" , Tick on Log: Deleted Items = and include the no of items in Del block. ( in the Optional Control parameters)

2nd variant - Tick on " Delete Obsolete records in the /SAPAPO/POSMAPN Table.

3rd variant - Tick on " Adjust ATP Tables with /SAPAPO/POSMAPN"

Do not run these variants together. just run after completion of each. you should see a significant performance improvement.

Let me know, if it works.