cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

difference in capacity consumption for resources

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I am facing an issue in SNP by which the capacity consumption for two resources has different capacity consumption in some weeks. The issue happens in some weeks only. Rest of the weeks are fine. Could anyone help how to tackle this issue.

Regards

Jith James

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Thanks for reply.

The issue is mainly in the first four weeks where there is large difference in capacity consumption.

Both resources are producing same planned order quantities. But the resources capacity consumption is different.

The interesting thing is we have a SNP production horizon of 4 weeks in general.

So I believe SNP planning run won't change the orders and PPDS does.

I would like to manually calculate the capacity consumption for each product with the planned order quantity and resource consumption value from PDS. So that I can compare it with system generated value.

Can any one suggest the formula to calculate SNP capacity consumption and PPDS capacity consumption ?

Regards

Jith James

0 Kudos

Hello Jith,

we have same issue, when we convert SNP planned orders to PPDS orders, in SNP book it start showing different consumption.

If you have fixed continuous consumption in PPDS PPM /PDS which factored in SNP PPM/PPDS. So actually the resource consumption is same when you converet the order to PPDS. If you look into report -order and resource reporting you can see PPDS and SNP capacity consuption and since SNP is bucket capacity the consumption value is different than PPDS capacity consumption.

The same difference you will see in SNP book.

Thnaks,

Rajiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Please find the  screen shots below.

For these two resources WPK_BOWL and WFL_E the capacity consumption in certain time buckets are different.(time buckets 16/09,23/09,30/09,07/10,14/10)

For rest of buckets the capacity consumption is same.

The master data settings  like SNP bucket capacity,loss factor, minimun load etc are different for both resources. Though we thought that this could be a problem but in that case the capacity consumption will be different for all the buckets where ever there is a difference in capacity.

And another doubt is the finite scheduling is on for filler resource and it is off for bowl resource. Will that be a problem?

Please share your thoughts.

Thank you.

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"Capacity consumption" depends on the orders that are using this resource. I really do not understand why you're checking resource master for this key figure ... "Available Capacity" is the value from resource master ... I think you must have some misunderstanding on it.

former_member458819
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

This is Simple Understanding Problem only.

The Capacity Consumption Depends Upon the Orders which Use the Resource. The Orders are Created according to the Demands in the Weeks. If there is More Demand in a particular Week then more Capacity will be Consumed.Lless Demand then Less Capacity will be consumed.

Sunil

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure why you need the consumption of the two resources to be the same ... as the others said, please explain the issue in details.

If you see the consumption in SNP capacity view, you can also perform 'show dependent object' on product and PPM/PDS to see if the planned order quantities are the same for the two resources.

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check your factory calendar in the resources. There may be some holidays during those weeks where you are seeing different capacity consumption.

Regards,

Manimaran M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manimaran

The factory calendar is same for both resources.

Regards

Jith James

former_member458819
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

As I Said Earlier Please Elaborate the Issue...................Where you are Finding the Difference.......How you came to know Attach any Screenshot or details.

Sunil

former_member458819
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Explain us in Detail also

Sunil

former_member458819
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Please Provide data in Detail.Attach the Documents or Screenshot so that we can understand and solve the Issue.

Sunil