cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install the daylight saving time fix for the Business Object Enterprise XI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I asked a SAP support personnel and gave me http://scn.sap.com/community/bi-platform/blog/2012/03/07/preparing-your-sap-businessobjects-environm...  however this link does not tell me where to get the fix.

Could you point me how to obtain the fix for our business object?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the specific link.

What is the procedure to obtain this S user id and cost?

I'm in Omaha, Nebraska.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Takashi,

You need to check this with your Super Administrator in the company.

Thanks,

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you own SAP BO software, you should have service agreement as well. Some one will have super user account in your organization. Who ever has super user access, they can request for your S user id. Please check with your manager.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We do not have a service agreement with SAP.  We purchased BOE from a local provider and used to have a service contract.  So I'd like to know the procedure how to obtain the S user ID.  I'd like to obtain  specific steps how to get it and cost.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to call SAP sales agent to discuss those details. Every organization is different.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Below is the information from the link you posted:

In previous years, the DST change has affected the SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise product in different ways.  There are two main workflows where we have seen issues in the past. 

1. Report Scheduling
  2. Web Application Server time

The first, Report Scheduling, has been seen in multiple forms.  This ranged anywhere from duplicate scheduled reports, reports running 1 hour early or late, or as we saw last year, thousands of report instances failing over and over for a single parent report.

The second, Web Application Server time, is a generic description for the UI (BI Launchpad, CMC, InfoView, etc) not displaying the correct time for the user which is logged in. In some cases, since the user is detected as being logged in an hour earlier than current time, anything they schedule could be in turn scheduled for an hour earlier than their intended time.

Both SAP Development and SAP Active Global Support teams have completed their internal testing to prepare for DST 2013 and have not found any new regressions in either of the XI3.1 or BI4.0 product lines.  Just in case there were any scenarios unaccounted for, please monitor your systems on the days following the time change.  Utilize the Instance Manager within the CMC to monitor for report failures and/or schedule timing issues.  If you do encounter an issue, please utilize the following kbases where needed and/or create a support ticket in Service MarketPlace.

** NOTE:  If using SAP BusinessObjects XI 3.1, be sure to have your environment patched up to the minimum patch level otherwise you risk running into the issues many of our customers encountered last year.

SAP BusinessObjects XI 3.1

Make sure to have your system patched to:

• XI 3.1 SP3.6 or greater
  • XI 3.1 SP4 or greater
  • XI 3.1 SP5 or greater
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank for the posting.  What I really need is not an explanation of the patch.  I need a download link to the SP5.  I even got to http://help.sap.com/boe31sp5#section2  but there is no download link to the SP5.  If you know, please provide me with the direct download link.   Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Takashi,

SP5 could be downloaded in following link:

https://service.sap.com  (s-user id required for this link)

go to software downloads -> software packages and patches -> a - z index -> ENTERPRISE05_0-10007443.EXE    SBOP Enterprise XI 3.1 ServicePack 05 (Server + Client)

hope this helps...

thanks,

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Resolution:

Make sure to have your system patched to:

1. For Business Objects Enterprise XI 3.1, this issue is resolved in the FixPack 3.6 and newer / Service Pack 4 and newer codestreams.
  2. For Business Objects Enterprise XI R2, this issue is resolved in the Fix Pack 6.4 codestream.

please refer the below SAP notes to have fix details. Let me know if you need any additional details.

• SAP Note# 1448881 - Multiple instances spawned after daylight savings time change

This article has the “EDST reschedule tool” attached to the note which was used during the 2011 issues faced last year to reschedule all recurring reports in bulk.

• SAP Note# 1568239 - After DST change Schedules fail in Business Objects Enterprise XI 3.1 with: Object could not be scheduled within the specified time interval

This article references the url for the Oracle Java Time Zone updater tool which can help mitigate issues where the Java Web Application Server is incorrect by an hour.

• SAP Note# 1771416 - Wrong schedule time displayed for recurring reports in Australia timezone.  Not necessarily DST related but more of a general time zone issue.  Fixed in XI 3.1 SP6.
Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not sure how to get the version correct.  Mine says Business Objects Enterprise XI and product is 12.1.0.  Is this XI 3.1 or XI R2?  Could you also give me the link to these fix as well?  Thank youl.

Former Member
0 Kudos

seems like XIR2. you can able to check the version of BO in the control panel.->unistall program

you can able to download those fixes from the above 2 notes only

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Its XI 3.1.

If it is XI R2. build no starts with 11.5.xx. 12.0.xx represents XI 3.0 , where as 12.1.xx refers XI 3.1

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also refer this to identify your exact version.

1287906 - How to determine the version number of a BusinessObjects
XI 3.x in Windows

Regards,

Mani