cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can any one please share difference between smart forms and adobe forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

can any one please share difference between smart forms and adobe forms it is quite helpful

Thanks ,

Madhav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Madhav,

One of the importance difference is that you can reuse the interface of Adobe forms.

Thanks

Ravinder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhav,

Please go through following links and thread in order to get the answr to your question.

https://scn.sap.com/thread/466481

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3369506

http://orekait.com/en/smart-forms-adobe-forms.php

Thanks,

Priyanka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhav,

We can differentiate the smart forms and adobe forms in many aspects

1.Interactive functions automate the creation of data for SAP systems 

2.Full integration into the SAP development environments for Java and ABAP

3.User-friendly tools reduce the time and costs associated with creating form layouts.

4.The usage of the PDF format means that forms retain their appearance regardless of the environment  

they are used in.

5.Create form templates for the layout that include logos or pictures 

6 Generate documents by merging form templates and current system data

7 Edit forms online or offline

8 Forms can be filled in advance automatically with specific data from SAP applications and then sent to the correct recipients using secure methods

9 Automatic consistency checks for forms

10 Activate enhanced functions such as comments

11 Digital signatures and form certification

12 Send completed forms to the SAP application with automatic updates of the business data

The above all features not possible with smartforms.

Regards

khaleel

navip
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Madhav,

The main difference between Smartforms and Adobe forms is the "Version management".

We don't have "Version management" in Smartforms which is there in Adobe forms.

---

Naveen

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't know if I would call that the "main" difference. I think if you compare each solution side-by-side, there are quite a few feature differences. I think it is much more useful to consider "at the end of the day" what does one buy you over the other overall.

navip
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have shared the main difference what i came across.

It would be helpful if you could share the "quite a few feature differences"   

---

Naveen

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Again, I would hate to compare them that way. As I said earlier, Adobe was the next evolution for SAP. So I would not even consider SmartForms anymore if Adobe was an option for my forms development. It is much like back when SmartForms came around and you would think "why would you develop a SAPScript form if you could build SmartForms".

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There really isn't anything magical about it. Think of it more as an "evolution" in SAP's approach/handling of forms.

In the "old" days, we had SAPScript forms which were mostly programmed forms...no easy layout. Very tightly coupled to your "print program".

Then came SmartForms which allowed us a somewhat "WYSIWYG" layout tool but still was fairly technical.

Now, we have the Adobe forms option...which are VERY easy to layout and design and utilize a simpler "interface" model for data exchange. Much more "loosely coupled" than older form technologies.