cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PS - Question about Deletion Flag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Version: 4.7

My customer is complaining when they use this function inside CJ20N Transaction, they said that causes a problem inside CJ37 transaction in the field WERT2 called “distributable” increasing budget there. These users are using this function just to hide the old Pep Element. I understand that when we use CJ20N Function Edit>Status>Deletion Flag>Undo and after choose "Options" and check the box -“Display deleted objects”, these old Element PEP disappear, when we choose again option and uncheck the box “Display deleted objects”, these old Element PEP appears again, but I’m not sure if this is a correct solution to solve the user’s problem.

Do you know why does exist this function in the CJ20N transaction? Does this function cause a problem inside CJ37 transaction?

Edit=>Status=>Deletion Flag=> Undo

Settings=>Options

Open a Box

Check the box/Uncheck the box  - “Display deleted objects”

Translate: Distribuível is equal to “distributable”.

Can you help please?

Thanks and regards,

J Almeida

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to add what our friends has suggested.

1. DLFL - This functionality is being used to set on objects which are not being currently used and can be retrievable whenever needed to include in the system. Where as Deletion (using trash can) will delete permanently and no chances of retrieving.

Any object having DLFL is not visible on project structure, however by making some user settings to Options, we can make those visible on project structure view as you done. This is only user options what they want to see on the structure overview.

If you want to set DLFL on any of the object, check for planned costs, remove them and set the DLFL flag.

Thanks,

Sudhakar

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

Thanks for all help !!

Regards,

J Almeida

Former Member
0 Kudos

Setting the Deletion Flag (DLFL) on a PS object is the first step for archiving these objects to remove them from the active database.  It should not be used to hide WBS elements.  Setting the deletion flag definitely has implications on dudget distributon.

The CJ20N options are to choose what the user sees when using the transaction, it does not impact budget availability control at all.

What are they trying to do?

former_member219195
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

make sure before setting deletion flag on activities, you are making the activity plan cost to Zero.

if activity is deleted with plan cost on it, the plan cost by default will seat on the WBS element

Please let me know if this helps

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Thanks for answered my question.

Yes, this activity has a plan cost, cause these values has been transfered to CJ37 transaction inside the field Distributable.
So it's afirmative said that to use this function just to hide the WBS element it's incorrect if they don't verify if have a cost plan or not.

Do you know any transaction (mainly CJ31,CJ20N) in PS that just hide the Element WBS ?

Thanks and regards

J Almeida