Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration E-SOURCING and UME

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My enterprise context is following.

We configured Sourcing to branch external (suppliers) and internal (purchasers) directories on UME Database, following this notice : http://scn.sap.com/community/sourcing/blog/2012/11/07/sourcingclm-7-sp3-and-netweaver-ume-authentica...

It works correctly, my users are correctly stored in UME Database with the appropriate role.

I have two distinct datasource for users :

- UME private database  for purchasers

- LDAP for suppliers.

I modify the UME configuration file to connect this 2 datasources : ok, now I can see LDAP users and UME Database users.

But when I create new suppliers (contact), they are stored in UME Database but I want that they are stored in LDAP.

I have see that I can filter datas based on attribute from sourcing (mapping attribute configured on sourcing system), but I have no attribute that contains the external_role.

Anyone can help me to define on what attribute I can distinguish suppliers and purchaser in UME storage OR how I can add an attribute in the tab 'mapping attribute' from directory configuration of sourcing system ?

Thanks for advance for your help

Myriam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member89217
Contributor
0 Kudos

So ultimately, where do you want internal user accounts stored and external accounts stored?  If internal is in the UME and external is in the LDAP you could have the internal directory configuration use UME and the external one use the native LDAP driver and go directly to the LDAP.  Which LDAP is it?

Regards,

Gary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I can do this if I let SAP Sourcing to manage this storing. But when we read the SAP Documentation there is a precision to specify that UME is prefered and may be the LDAP Driver in SAP Sourcing will disappear in future version. So we wanted to respect the recommandation and let UME manage instead of SAP Sourcing.

former_member89217
Contributor
0 Kudos

You might want to check with UME experts from the Netweaver group.  As far as I can determine you will always have an account in the UME. What you are failing to get is a creation of the user account in the LDAP.  This might be just some additional configuration in the UME /LDAP to get this working. I haven't configured this this way myself so am of no further help there. The direct access method I outlined was an optional way forward if you don't get help from a UME expert. One additional question if the account already existed in the LDAP, will sourcing synch up to this user?

Gary

Former Member
0 Kudos

To respond to your interrogation, it seems not well managed.

By default to permit the new user to access SAP Sourcing, the check box 'create directory' will be checked.

If this checkbox is checked, an error is returned because the account exists yet.

So we have to deactivate the two checkbox (authorise to connect + create directory) and choose the user in the directory.

We save and after we can reactivate the checkbox "authorised to connect"

Best regards.

Answers (0)