Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorizations

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an user that has access to transcation, FBL5N, however, the "change mode button", the pencil, is grayed out. How do I go about discovering the access that they need to proceed in change mode. I also have another user, with a more indepth profile that can proceed just fine. I don't want USER 1 to have the same profile as USER 2. I need to get USER 1's profile access to the change mode. I thought about running SU53 to see what the authorization error is, but can't do that because the user can't run it to get an error. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, Kevin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member197269
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kenvin,

Change mode authorization come from t.code FB02, which is triggered in background when change mode button is ticked.

So you can restrict the user by giving access to t.code FB02.

Hope this helps.

Please assign points as way to say thanks

5 REPLIES 5

former_member197269
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kenvin,

Change mode authorization come from t.code FB02, which is triggered in background when change mode button is ticked.

So you can restrict the user by giving access to t.code FB02.

Hope this helps.

Please assign points as way to say thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pefect, thank you Ravi. Yep, that didn't even cross my mind. Glad it was something simple. This solved the issue.

Thanks, Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

One last thing, is there something within SAP that I can look at to see what is being triggered in the background for those transactions?

Thanks, Kevin

0 Kudos

Yes Kevin,

t.code ST01 to record the transaction. But it takes lot of memory.

Pls assign points as way to say thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, that is great!