cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic TO not creating by posting change via LT05 if 2 SU is in same storage bin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am facing problem while approve the Item and batch, when we have 2 or more storage unit in same storage bin so IM is worked fine as we can see 321 movement is there in MB51.

when its come to WM for move stock by posting change in background it combining storage unit in LT05 screen and show 0.000 quantity and system not able to create TO from Posting change.

Please le me know if any solution on this which will create TO and SU will not combine when stock in same storage bin . and automatic TO take place. Attached screen shot for reference. I have SAP version ECC4.7.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member435196
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vipul,

This is because you have more than one quant in a bin. Whenever there are more than one quant then system need information that, exactly for which quant the operation is to be performed? Even if same material is available in more than one bin or storage types then also your background job will fail. In IM- (MMBE transaction)  the stock is managed in sloc level hence there is no problem. But in WM stock is managed  at bin (quant) level hence system would obviously need to know about which quant should be used to perform the operation.  In order to solve the issue I am suggesting below options.

(1) Option 1- Use custom development program and  include standard posting change function module   L_TO_CREATE_POSTING_CHANGE. Execute this program periodically(Background schedule). In the posting change function module make entries of default values. You must also make entries in internal table of PCN functional module T_LUBQU. All this would happen through custom code depending upon your requirement

(2) Option-2-  This is the easiest way to get rid of background job. You are using IM transaction first and running background job to run WM transactions. I would advice you to simply run WM transaction and IM transaction (MB1B-321) will happen automatically. This is one step process of posting change where WM and IM transaction posted at one go.

Use LQ02 transaction with WM movement type that is corresponding to IM movement type. Select your Bin, batches storage type etc depending upon your requirement. and click on posting change. This would also post IM movement automatically. Prerequisite is, you need to do following configuration setting

OLML-------->  WM-------->Interface------------->IM-------> define posting change------------>define movement type and make the assignment of WM movement type with IM movement type with corresponding stock type. Define separate WM movement type if required.

(3) Option 3 ---   Use IM movement and then post the WM movement manually using LT05/LT06. Here as you know, you have to select the quanta manually and post the transaction.

ALL THE BEST!!!

Regards,

Milind Chaudhari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Milind,

I will try out option 1 :

for run back ground job of FM: L_TO_CREATE_POSTING_CHANGE by capturing value in internal table T_LUBQU.

T_LUBQUthis is internal table your refering to ?

Thanks,

Vipul

former_member435196
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vipul,

Yes. This is the table of PCN function module. This is not the internal table of your own entry during programming.

Thanks,

Milind Chaudhari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Thanks for your suggestion and I opted option 1 , for using FM :  L_TO_CREATE_POSTING_CHANGE,

We are facing some issue in sceanrio as below:

1: first we are going good receipts in stock category Q and pallet status UI

2: then perform QA11 for inspection lot number and UD is AP and move stock to unrestricted use

3: above step is creating movement type 321 and posting change number is creating

4: then we are using posting change related details in Function module but entering data via internal table .

Getting below errors :

Quant twice in transmission table

or Quant cannot have a posting change

Could you please let me know what is the reason for this error and how to resolve.

Thanks in Advance.

Vipul

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Vipul,

Unfortunately for a posting change scenario, if there are multiple quants of same material  in the same bin or even in different bins  , automatic processing of WM Transfer order is not possible. This is for the simple reason that WM does not uderstand out of the entire stock of a particular material that you see at IM level which one you want to go for status change.

However you can go for a custom code that will take the posting change document created at IM further to WM level by selecting the correct quant.The custom code will be as per your needs and the inputs need to be given based on the scenario you are working on.

An alternative to this would be start your posting at a WM level via transaction LQ02 .This will take ahead the IM level posting as well.You need to configure the WM movement type to be used in LQ02 in 'Define posting change' in Interface node of Warehouse management.

Hope this helps.

regards,

Samir