cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI 7.0 is compatible with SAP ECC EHP 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please, I need to know if SAP PI 7.0 is compatible with SAP ECC 6.0 EPH 7.

Will I have problems with the RFC adapter to connect to abap instance in version 7.4?

Is there any sap note saying that

thank you very much

Marcelo Macedo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jensfieger
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Marcelo,

please check Note 1737650:

Be aware, that if you are currently using Enterprise Portal, Business Warehouse and/or Process Integration in conjunction with SAP Business Suite applications, you will have to upgrade those SAP NetWeaver Hubs to 7.30 or higher before you can upgrade SAP ERP to SAP Enhancement Package 7 for SAP ERP 6.0. For more information about the Version Interoperability within the SAP Business Suite, see SAP Note 1388258.

Cheers

Jens

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

0 Kudos

Hi Marcelo,

I come back to you as I have the same request: we are starting a ECC 6.0 Ehp7 uplift project and we still have PI 7.0 connectivity. SAP said they will not support the connectivity even if they never tested it. I would like to know if you or somebody else in thia blog did some tests and faced issues.

We use mostly standard RFC-IDOC or Proxy Async interfaces.

Thanks for your help here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcelo,

In my opinion u will not get any issues while integrating both. As both are different products and fully compatible with each other.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I have a doubt, I m planning to use SAP PI 7.4 Dual Stack with ECC 7.0 EHP 6.0. I want to confirm if both of them are compatible with each other. Thanks in advance.

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marcelo,

Yes..SAP PI 7.0 is compatible with SAP ECC 6.0 EPH 7 . You can integrate your PI and ECC system and preform the operations without any issues.

Thanks and Regards,

Naveen.

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marcelo,

You will not have any compatible issue with ECC 6.0 EHP7.

You can connect to ABAP instance with the RFC adapter.

There is no official SAP statement on this.

Regards

Bhargava krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhargava,

Do you have this scenario where do you work? And if we were using abap proxy, will have some problem?

Thank you!

Marcelo Macedo

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marcelo,

I have not worked on this scenario. why don't you work and let us know the issue, if you faced.

So that every one will aware of it.

But as per my knowledge, there will not be any compatibility issues with ECC.

And if we were using abap proxy, will have some problem?

No

Regards

Bhargava krishna