cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHARM & OSDB Migration

barry_keating
Explorer
0 Kudos

We use CHARM for 3system ECC & BW landscapes and are going through an OSDB migration from HPUX to Linux. The Developers & Functional Analysts do not want to go into a freeze period or cleanup their transports in development. The SIDs are not going to change in the new environment.

Is there a way to make this seamless. Is there a way to accomplish this without changing projects or requests in Solution Manager. My thought was I would need to remove the old systems, add the new ones  and create new projects.

Does anyone know of a guide or checklist in dealing with CHARM in an OSDB migration effort.

Thanks,

Barry Keating

Basis Administrator

Rust Oleum

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Barry,

Since the SIDs or Logical systems or Transport Routes are not getting changed; then there is no much worry for OSDB migration of Satellite systems. You can continue to use existing project itself. Once the migration of satellite systems are done, make sure to register them in the SLD so that LMDB and SMSY of solution manager is up-to-date. So you need to delete the old systems from SLD and register the new ones.

I am assuming you are on Solution Manager 7.1 version

Regards,

Vivek