Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blog in sub-category - search doesn't find it

former_member182411
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SCN support,

I've written a blog post http://scn.sap.com/community/events/inside-track/blog/2013/09/13/sap-inside-track-munich-2013 within the category "SAP Inside Track" which is a sub-category of "Events".

Now I'm wondering why this blog doesn't appear by using the url http://scn.sap.com/community/events/content?filterID=content~category[sap-inside-track]

Updating the category assignment isn't possible after creation is already being done, isn't it?

So what can I do let the blog appear if anyone searches in Events --> SAP Inside Track (direct call by the url mentioned above)?

Furthermore, how does the blog appear in the info text area on the left (Upcoming Events)?

Thank you in advance for your help.

With kind regards,

Martin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Your blog post was published in the sub-space, which is independent from the space.  This is why your post doesn't appear when filtering for the categories that filter content published in the Events space only (categories are applicable to content within a single space). 

Unfortunately, content cannot appear simultaneously across multiple spaces. 

I see how it can be a bit misleading and redundant having categories within the events space that match existing sub-spaces.  I'll follow-up with my colleagues to review the experience.

Jason

former_member182411
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

thanks a lot for your answer. It's really a bit confusing having categories and sub-spaces at the same time. But I'm looking forward to a future update for multiple appearances in different spaces of the same blog/document (therefore an additional category could be useful).

So I will duplicate the blog entry in the space "Events" as a workaround to let it appear in all areas.

Thank you very much,

Martin

audreystevenson
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Kudos

Hello Martin,

Duplicating content in different spaces, unfortunately, is not allowed. The best you can do is post it in one space and add tags to help it appear in other spaces.

Regards,

Audrey

Answers (0)