Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query on Agntry screen - platforms

neha_mahanty
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a question on the Agentry screen platforms.

While creating the screen ,suppose I select a Windows platform, I get options to select the sizes.

Suppose I create the screen using 1024*600 as the size, so will this resolution  work on all the windows platfom devices?

Example I have a windows laptop of 11 inch screen and I have another laptop for 15 inch screen how will the resolution work in this case . Will the screen gets fit in the laptop or it stretch/shrink based on the laptop size

Also If I select a iphone/ipad I do not get the option for selecting any size, does this mean what all screen I create, It will work on all the iOS devices irrespective of the size of mobile device ?

My main purpose for asking this query is, I want to create a screen which I expect to work on all the platform devices, so that I do not have to create multiple screens based on the mobile device size.

Please advise.

Thanks and Regards

Neha Mahanty

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

While I think it is a good idea to not have to create multiple versions of the same screens based on the size of the device, I think that having two sets, one for small mobile devices (cell phones) and one for larger devices (tablets/laptops) is a good idea.  It just makes sense to lay things out a bit differently to take advantage of the real estate available to the larger devices.  You expect to have to navigate to a different screen to get the details of a specific Work Order on a cell phone.  On a table or laptop, you should see side by side with the selected order.

Regards, Mike

neha_mahanty
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI Mike,

Thanks , that was really helpful.

However for Android platfom there are multiple options available like Android- Large, Android-small, Android-Normal, Android-XLarge. So as I understood it would categorize the mobile phones here.

Is there a way I can find which mobile devices comes under which category

Thanks

Neha

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Neha,

In terms of Windows platforms, the resolution options were added to give a little more flexibility to developers when then needed to target devices with varying resolutions.  The Agentry server uses the screensets.ini file to determine the priority order used when a client of a particular platform requests screens.  You can also edit this to adjust how the server determines which screens to send to the client.

With respect to the Android choices, unfortunately due to screen size and resolution variations on the Android devices among the manufactureres I don't have a perfect solution on how to determine which to target.  The simplest solution may be to setup a simple test project that include the different platforms each with a single screen that includes text to identify which platform was chosen. Then you can target the appropriate size in your application.

In every case, the key is to ALWAYS test on the actual devices that will be used.  While you may start development using the Agentry Test Environment to get the flows and basic screens setup, testing on the actual device will confirm exactly how your screens will render.

Hope this helps!

--Bill

neha_mahanty
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

Thats indeed a good way to check the screen resolution. I will surely check this.

Thank you !!

Neha