cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document Status Flow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In our project, we have a required that the document should have different status flow for template proejct and Implementation projects.

As I could understand, the status flows are assigned to the document in the project template tab under the Project standards --> documetation types in the project administration tcode, and also in the SPRO.

But, the same status flow is available in the template and implementation projects.

Is there any way, we can differentiate the status flow of the document based on implementaton and template projects ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts, any help, Please.

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Routima

Try removing the GLOBAL indicator which is in column next to doc types you have shown

this should resolve ur problem

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

Thank  for the reply. I have remove the GLOBAL indicator, but it have not solved the problem.

If I change the status schema of a document types in Implementation project, the same status schema is reflected in the template project.

Our requirement is that two difference status schema for same document types, based on template and implementation projects.

Is it possible ?

Thanks

Routima

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Routima

Have you created 2 different document types

1 for implementation say zbpd for implementation

1 for template say zbpp for template or rollout

or you want to have one doc type for both

if you have created 2 different document type it is easier to control and configure

Also in this cases you can create 2 status schema different for both doc types as per requirements

hope this helps

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

Thanks a ton for all the help and reply.

We have same document types on both the template and implementation projects.

Is it possible to have 2 status schemas for same document types, based on type of projects :  implementation and template projects.

Thanks

Routima

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

No it is not possible

You need to create 2 different document types for your requirement

and then you can assign two schemas to them

Regards

Prakhar

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Routima,

You can differentiate the status flow using Status Schemes.

Go to SPRO -> Solution Manager -> Cross scenarios -> Document management -> Status for documents -> Define Document Status Schemes”

So basically you create different Status Schemes according to your need and include the Status values in each of the Status Schemes. Once  status schemes are setup then you can assign the particular status scheme to individual Document Type in Impl/Template Projects.Scroll to the right in the "Complete Directory of Documentation Types" group box, and assign a status schema to a documentation type in the Status Schema field.

Regards,
Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Thnaks for the answer. But I have already created status schemma and have applied to the documents, and our requirements is to have different document schemas for Implementation and template projects.

But If I assign a document schema to a document in Change Implementation Project Templates --> Documentation types.

The change is reflected in the Change Template projects --> Documentation types.

Thanks