cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Database Hostname for SAP systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For testing scenario for few upgrades, we have copied one of our actual development server and restored to another testing server.

Before restoring i have changed the ipaddress and hostname on testing server and the restored.

After Restoring i have changed all the sap profile parameters in the path (/usr/sap/SID/SYS/profile) and in the files "tnsnames.ora and listener.ora" and then started the SAP services, system started and connecting fine to SAP through saplogn pad.

But after logging to SAP system when i checked in System - Status - Database Data it not showing the right hostname (means its not showing the testing server hostname) its shows the hostname of development server from where i have copied the system.

Please let me know, How to change the database hostname in the system status tab at sap level.

Please suggest, waiting for your reply.

Best Regards

Vamsi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would guess that the data show in the status windows is determined when the screen is actually called.

When restoring, was the target server named like the source server (inclusing IP), and you changed this after the restore was finished?

Kindest regards, Wilbert