Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel Issue

former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Travel Experts,

when we are uploading AMEX file details in SAP for the currency BYR(Belarussian Ruble) through T-code PRCC , we are receiving errors for employees

"Overflow during currency translation for currency BYR , Transactions were moved to Table PTRV_CCC  for correction

What could be the issue here, can anyone help me here please?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Sriram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siram,

Please check your currency and exchange rate values. I suspect there's sth wrong with the multipliers. Some exchange rates are not for 1:1, but e.g. 1 Eur - 10000 Turkish lira

If those multipliers are wring - even opposite way round - you might get an overflow somewhere.

Also check the definition of BYR in your system to see whether the number of decimals expected is correct. Note that amounts are usually not stored as decimals, but in the smallest unit - the decimal point - if any - is set by the system dynamically depending on the currency definition.

Apart fron a real coding error somewhere, decimals and multipliers seem the most likely candidates for such an error.

Ah yes: working with Amex always requires thorough checks on the quality of the data they send. Thechnology is not there core competence.

Hope this helps you getting ahead a bit.

Kind regards

Sven

0 Kudos

Just to follow on from Svens very helpful reply, there are some very important corrections that can prevent these overflow errors, please make sure you have these also.

1734719 1712962

Also: 1757133, 1758685 & 1761635 (Last two solve a slightly different dump that can occur)

In addition, it is slightly off topic but we introduced some new logic for rounding differences (the class CL_FITV_ROUNDING which can be maintained with the constant NORND in V_T706_CONST) and you might like to take a look at that as improves the rounding logic when handling CC expenses

1766030 1731810 1712292

cheers

Sally

former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sven,

Thanks for your reply, but where exactly problem occurred which i could not find out , in the Table Tcurr,

From BYR to GBP

this is the value maintained in the system

From GBP to BYR

Do i need to check any other table like tcurf

Thanks

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

Yes you have to check table TCURF for currencies translation rations and then table TCURR for exchange rates. From your screenshots I can see an entry in table TCURF for Exchange rate type 'M', FROM Currency GBP, TO Currency BYR which is fine but you need to have an entry from BYR to GBP however, in your screenshot it shows MYR to GBP and MYR (Malaysian Ringgit) is a different currency to BYR (Belarussian Ruble) . Please check this.

Thanks

Ankur

former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

Sorry please i pasted a wrong sheet, here you go the correct one ,

former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

In your screnshot above, I think you have to move the value in 'Dir.quot.' field to 'Indir.quot.' field unless you have maintained from GBP to BYR as direct quotation in table TCURN.

Please check this.

Hope this helps.

former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur, Sally,

I deeply apologize for putting the same question in the old thread. i just missed it. i am sorry for that.

Let me come to the issue , i do not have much idea on this exchange currency issues,as this is first

time for me. Please help me in this regard,

in the table TCURF : BYR to GBP and GBP to BYR maintained  as from 01.01.2008 as 1: 1

In the table TCURR : GBP TO BYR

From BYR to GBP

in the table TCURN : i have attached file from my system and what has been maintained so far,

For all the currencies we have maintained as direct quotation only. i am still struggling here to get understood the things.

Could you please help me solving this, it would be really greatful and good learning experience for me

thanks

Sriram

former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Can anyone help me here please?  it would be really great i would learn a this currency concept.

Thanks

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

Have you tried what I mentioned in the locked thread below?

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3431779

Ankur

former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

you have mentioned like i have to change GBP to BYR to indirect Quotation Field , i have changed both in Tcurr, but still its throwing the same error.

in Tcurn. we have not maintained BYR to GBP ,

only EUR to GBP

Thanks

Sriram

former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

My initial overflow problem is solved after i changed the ratio settings in the table TCURF,  thats fine. But still "Conversion from BYR to GBP is not possible" it says. do i need to maintain the entry in Tcurn table here?

Can you please help me?

Thanks

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

are you sure you are using the right rate type in TCURR? Check Travel Management global settings which rate type is used by travel management. Then check if TCUR* settings will fit to this.

In TCURF, you will find alternative rate type: (here: EURX)

If this is filled, TCURR will be read with rate type EURX, not with M. Normally BYR should not have alternative rate type.

TCURF must be filled both directions in a consistent way. TCURN not required.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,Sven,Sally,Michael

Thanks for your superb inputs on this issue. now its working fine without any issue, i am able to over come the error.

Thanks a ton for your help on this issue