cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing component in BOM from future date - how will APO behave?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are changing BOM for a material from a future day, e.g. from 01.01.2015 a component has replaced another. I think the standard procedure is to create a change number (CC01 tcode) and then change the BOM.

What I want to understand is: will APO honor this change also? I.e. it will not create any receipts on the old components from 01.01.2015 onwards while till this date it will consider the old component and not the new one? Because in PPM I can see the validity of component till year 9999 by default.

Or else what is the best and easiest method to achieve such a change in BOM reflecting in APO also?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi APO Query,

Yes APO will consider changes done in BOM with change number. It will plan the recipet on new component as per the validity start date.

Validity of component till year 9999 is the valid to date in PPM which is same in BOM to 31/12/9999.

Please refer OSS note 319822

In R/3, create a new production version for every key date on which your bill of material is changed. As of Release 4.6, you can use Transaction C223 for this. In every one of these production version which should only display the new key date, you must

specify the same routing / the same recipe,

specify the same bill of material,

however, restrict the validity of the production version according to the change statuses of the bill of material.

Generate a separate integration model for every key date on which a new production version becomes valid and activate it.

Result:
In APO, you have a separate PPM for every production version. The validity of the material components in PPM is determined as follows:

Valid from: Valid-from date of the R/3 BOM component

Valid to: From the valid-to date of the R/3 production version.

The validity is also restricted to the valid-to date of the production version for the assigned product so that only the PPMs which are actually valid within the timeframe are offered when you create an order in APO.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot. This is really helpful. I tested it in testing system and it is working fine. But I had one observation - that there was no need to create a separate Production Version for the change. So should we have correction as below?

The validity of the material components in PPM is determined as follows:

Valid from: Valid-from date of the R/3 BOM component

Valid to: From the valid-to date of the R/3 production versionValid-to date of the R/3 BOM component

We are using SCM 7.0. The components in PPM got updated after updating BOM directly without creating new Prod Version...

former_member197994
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, the validity of BOMs (and their components) are checked on the Valid from date. You can have a look at note 722603.   

Best regards,

Tiemin

lingaiahvanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Brahmankar,

I am testing the above scenario. I have created the 2 production versions in ECC and transferred to APO. In APO 2 PDS generated based on ECC production versions.

Now I created PIR's in APO and executed the SNP Heuristics, Production version is taking consideration and creating the SNP planned orders and dependent requirements, For production version 2 SNP planned orders generating and there is no Dependent demand.

If I change the source of supply manually in SNP planning book, dependent demand is generating for production version 2 SNP planned orders.

My question is any possibility to SNP Heuristics generate SNP planned orders and dependent demand for Production version 1 & 2 without manual changes in SNP planning book, because SNP planned should not change the source of supply manually and it is time taking effort.

Regards,

Lingaiah

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Lingaiah,

This discussion is old one, please open the new discussion. 

As I know SNP heuristic does not support multiple source of supply slection in standard SAP.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

lingaiahvanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Brahmankar,

I am opening a new discussion.

Thanks,

Lingaiah

Answers (0)