Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashboard resolution to fit to screen

former_member197846
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a query regarding the size of the dashboard. When I keep the standard size for the dashboards which is 1024*768 then on a machine with higher resolution (lets say 1500*1000) it shows empty spaces at left and right sides while viewing in browser.

If I increase the size of my dashboard for higher resolution then I believe the machines on smaller resolution will have problem. Can you please let me know if there is any way with which I can do "Fit to screen" setting for dashboard so that irrespective of the resolution of the machine it would always show as full screen?

Thanks,

Abhijit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

arijit_das
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no option "Fit to screen" in the tool. While designing the dashboard you have to consider the screen resolution of the target systems.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhijit,

I had the similar issue.. If we set the dashboard for 'fit to components' or 'fit to screen', there will no issues if we open it in the same screen resolution. I we open it in any other system with a high or low screen resolution of our's then there starts the issue with some scroll bars for some components and sometimes empty spaces too..

So it would be better that after developing the dashboard, once test it in client or target system and then make the changes accordingly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you export your dashboard to HTML you can change the width and height to 100% within the HTML file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi abhijit,

I'm not sure this could help you out. But you can just give it a try. Before exporting the dashboard file to CMC or SWF you can try checking the scenarios in two cases , first click on the option "Fit canvas to components" and save and export it and second "Fit canvas to Windows" and save and export. The second option gives the output of full windows screen size.

Thanks & regards

Santosh kumar P

SAP BOBJ Consultant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys, the above comment realy helped me solve an issue i was having.

i use a very big resolution as i work on a 27inch screen, and can fit everything on one screen. however most users dont use such a high resolution.

the problem was solved by sinply going to the menue view --> Canvas sizing --> fit to window. press save and when you export it, no matter what the resolution, it will resize to the window. For me problem solved.

Hope this helps anyone else too,

thanks,

Harris