Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory low issue

former_member205751
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

When I take a planning run with t code cdpso there are lots of resources,products ,orders involved ,so loading and run doesn't happen instantly sometimes for 2 hours together
(even to load data) ....At times I also get an error message like the screen shot below....i understand memory should be elevated..where at what point is a question mark ?  is it server memory ? (my laptop is a node in a big network)  or is it my laptop RAM memory ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

TO,

"Memory Low" warnings have to do with application memory on the SAP servers.  In general, these warnings are only peripherally related to performance issues.  It just means that during your online transaction, you have occupied, and are using, a substantial amount of RAM on the server.  It is a gentle reminder to free up this valuable resource if you don't really need to keep using it.  You can get the same message from almost any transaction or report that is designed to keep the results in memory.  You should not take this message by itself as an indication that memory should be elevated.

Your timeout error is common.  Most planning jobs in productive systems must be run in background, since the time limit for a transaction within an interactive user session is too short to accommodate the amount of time it takes to complete a full planning run.

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member205751
Participant
0 Kudos

well that's true one transaction at a time is better i mistook server is suffering selective amnesia

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member458819
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Please Check thes Below

1.Go to Transaction ST22 Which Shows the Issue in Detail.

2.There is no Enough Memory to Run the Jobs.

3.Check if the Many Jobs are Running in the System through SM37.

4.Is your Job has many Product Locations Combinations

Sunil

former_member205751
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks sunil  it works fine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rahul,

Have you considered that your set of input data may be too large?  If it is taking you 2 hours just to load the data then something else is going on.

What does your data set look like?

Best Regards,

Mike

former_member205751
Participant
0 Kudos

well  tested  with 30 resource ,30  products and 30 orders ....it works fine...when the volume grows it takes time ....i guess it happens.... however' one thing at a time ''   meant one transaction at a  time works fine

former_member205751
Participant
0 Kudos

well i do take 500 objects maximum and it is working fine,  so the moral is take minimum number of objects