cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Action not displayed under "More" in Incident

JMorozowski
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have created a new custom action (copy of Email to Reporter standard action) in my action profile.  I want this action to be available as a "clickable" action in the Incident.  I am including a screenshot of my Action Settings.  From the other threads that I have read it seems that I should only need to have "Display in Toolbox" selected.  However, even with that option selected it still does not display in the Incident.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jon,

Have you maintained entry as mentioned in this note(Q3. How to Add Your Own Actions to the Actions Pull-Down Menu)

Note 1567003 - FAQ: ST710 Incident Management Frequently Asked Questions

this should resolve your issue

Regards

Prakhar

JMorozowski
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Prakhar,

I did see that note, but I think that I am not understanding what they are referring to by the term <method filter>.  Is that the name of the action? 

Regards,

Jon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Mark filed as shwoned and try again also described in note 1567003.

If you wish to include your own actions in the toolbar, ensure that they conform to the following criteria:

1. 1. The action must be manually executable by the user in dialog (see the action definition).
  2. 2. The action must be displayable in the toolbox (see the action definition).
  3. 3. The action must not call any GUI functions, such as launching transactions, displaying dialog boxes, or navigating to URLs. Such GUI functions are not compatible with the CRM UI.

BR,

Kamil

JMorozowski
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Kamil,

I did check that button, but it still does not display in the Incident.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello John,

Apologize for misleading, action will appear at action menu if you set action as depicted below:

BR,

Kamil

JMorozowski
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Kamil,

Since Friday my action does look like the screen shot which you posted.  However, I still do not have the action displayed in the incident.

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jon

Sorry I was traveling so couldn't reply you earlier

In you action processing method..... there will be a name like HF_SET_STATUS etc as per your action

this name you need to provide in the table which will help you to fix the issue

Regards

Prakhar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

dmitry_udot3
Participant
0 Kudos

Jon,

have you add the item in AGS_WORK_CUSTOM table (in sm30 transaction) with following format:

IM_CRM_UI_PPF_XX     < method name which used in your action> ?

XX - the following index number of same items in this table

Dmitry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Mark also 'Executable in dialog' and give a try.

br,

Kamil