Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mii 14 - Grey box, no data, iGrid

rusty_baldwin
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I am working with a customer and they just got their new environment setup for Mii 14.0.2. When we run a query everything works fine, very small query. When we create an iGrid and attach the same query, and try to run it, we get a grey box, no buttons or any data. Is this likely a java problem?

Here’s what we have.

We primarily want to know how to run MII in windows 7, with IE 8 (32-bit & 64-bit installed) and java (64-bit mixed mode installed).

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204240
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rusty,

What version of java you using?

It is java problem.

Try this using below version, It may help you.

Version 6 Update 45

You can check below thread

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3377897

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3146493

Regards,

Rao

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Isn't root cause analysis fun...

If you're getting prompts from the browser for the applet then make sure you answer them correctly.

Is it only a problem with the iGrid - do any other applets work?  First place to look would be the client's java console - this would tell you the specific version information and if the applet attempts to run the query and fails it should throw an error in the console.

Adding <PARAM NAME="Trace" VALUE="true"> into the applet tags would force the applet (if it actually runs the code before failing) to log the query it runs when requesting the query data from the server.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rusty_baldwin
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

After working with the customer here is what we found.

The customer installed 1.6 45. However, this didn't fix the issue. So we then installed 1.6 11. The customer can now run.

But I am running 1.6 45 and mine works fine. So there has to be a java parameter that needs to be set to get the newer versions to work.

Thanks for all the help.

rutika_bodas
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Rusty,

This happens if the checkbox 'Initial Update' on RefreshPage panel is unchecked while defining the iGrid.

If we check the InitialUpdate checkbox, then the query data gets updated when the grid renders first time itself. Else it refreshes after the set duration in the Refresh Rate box, given that you have checked AutomaticallyRefresh checkbox.

If you have not set InitialUpdate to true and also have not set AutomaticallyRefresh to true, then you will have to manually click on 'Refresh' button on the grid explicitly.

This Refresh button will not appear at all if you have set ShowTimeControl checkbox to false!!

I suggest that you check the InitialUpdate check so that atleast the data will render in the grid.

Also, like what Jeremy has suggested, please check for error messages in the java console that opens when the grid loads if above stated checks do not help.

Thanks,

Rutika