Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax condition based on item volume

former_member206632
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would appreciate your help on the following issue:

1 - My pricing procedure must include a tax condition based on the goods volume;

2 - This condition type must generate a tax code, just like a tax code generated for VAT (like MWST);

3 - In VK11 the tax must be entered in value, not percentage (for example: 2 EUR / Gallon);

The condition type is customized as follows:

• Condition Class: D - Taxes
  • Calculation Type: F - Volume
  • Condition Category: D - Tax

I'm facing the following problem:

When I try to maintain the condition records (I use the material code as the last key element), the system clears the currency field and issues the following message:

Enter a currency (VK010)

When I try to enter the currency again, it will be erased and the same message will be issued. Right now I'm not able to maintain the condition records needed for the determination. Any clues?

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,

João

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Joao,

The message VK010 which you're getting is because of calculation type for your particular condition type in V/06. You've to set it as 'G'. Maintain Base UOM as 'Gallon' in MMR and try by maintaining Condition Record for the same. Hop it helps. Thanks.

former_member206632
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

So far the closest solution is in fact a mixture of the 2 previous posts:

- Condition rule is now G (with B I have the problem described in my first post, currency cannot be entered in VK11);

- Condition base value is now determined by formula 1 (Volume);

However this solution is far from being perfect - in fact, I cannot maintain KPEIN and KMEIN in VK11. That means that I can create a tax of 2 EUR but not 2 EUR / 1 Gallon. With this problem, the formula cannot determine the correct conversion because KPEIN and KMEIN simply do not exist in the condition record.

I'm starting to consider the following workaround: maintain KPEIN and KMEIN in the condition record text - not that I like it, of course, but so far it seems like the only way.

Regards,

João

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joao,

I tested with DGD & routine 1 for volume - it seems fine even one cannot specify amount as per unit basis; because volume will be taken from MMR or sales order for total condition value.

Condition records have to be created for a base unit of volume which can be used for all materials in MMR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joao,

Taxes generally are a given % on total price (vol X unit price). So you have to configure condition type as DA&D.

If you absolutely require to specify tax amount per unit of volume, configure condition type as B F & D.

former_member206632
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Karuna,

With your solution I'm facing 2 problems:

1 - In VK11 I no longer can maintain the tax code (the one maintained in FTXP);

2 - The determination of this condition type inactives other condition types of category B;

Regards,

João

ajitsingh6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joao,

The currency field is hidden on account of the condition class D. However, the calculation Type F requires a currency field so avoid this error pls maintain calculation rule as G.

Reagrds,

Ajit K Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

You're right Joao, Can't maintain tax codes and it will inactivate other price conditions. You can configure condition type as extra pay i/o prices for one.

I suggest you also try with configuration DB &D and assign Volume (routine1) as BasT in V/08.

You may refer to this discussion http://scn.sap.com/thread/1992318 as well.