Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hazardous Material warning at GR

former_member198492
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have activated hazardous material management in our test client and have set up a hazardous material and attached it to a standard dangerous material (it's a flare)

I was expecting a warning message at point of goods receipt using MIGO but throughout the TR creation, TR to TO generation and TO confirmation I didn't get any notification that the material was hazardous.

Where can i configure SAP to advise material is hazardous and inform me of the storage class?

We do not have any putaway or picking strategies and out warehouse setup is generic (no storage types/storage sections or fixed bin used)

Any assistant appreciated

Thanks in advance

Darren

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

about which hazardous material management activation are you talking?

EHS module or this tiny little bit in WM?

former_member198492
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen

Oh dear, that doesn't sound encouraging!!

I must be referring to the tiny bit in WM as we do not have the Environment, Health & Safety module

What would be the best that I can achieve from the WM component?

Ideally, I would like some kind of notification to someone who is receipting the stock to handle/store it correctly.

We have just started using QM. Maybe I could utilize that in some way.

Any ideas or links that you think would help?

Regards

Darren

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

how could you create a  hazardous material without regional indicator, it is mandatory in my system.

if you created your hazardous material with regional indicator, then you need to have a region indicator in OMM2 too otherwise the records will not match and cannot be considered.

thats probably the reason why you do not get any warning.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member1186946
Participant
0 Kudos

Darren Taylor wrote:

Hi All

I have activated hazardous material management in our test client and have set up a hazardous material and attached it to a standard dangerous material (it's a flare)

I was expecting a warning message at point of goods receipt using MIGO but throughout the TR creation, TR to TO generation and TO confirmation I didn't get any notification that the material was hazardous.

Where can i configure SAP to advise material is hazardous and inform me of the storage class?

We do not have any putaway or picking strategies and out warehouse setup is generic (no storage types/storage sections or fixed bin used)

Any assistant appreciated

Thanks in advance

Darren

You are saying you created TR & TO but in the last sentence you say (no storage types/storage sections or fixed bin used)

I am curious how you have activated warehouse w/o any storage type

Steps

Hope you have assigned the material as hazardous in material master in Warehouse mgmt view 1 after creating  in the menu

Choose Logistics ® Logistics Execution ® Master data ® Material ® Hazardous material

Have you activated the settings in OMM2?

In OMM2 activate against the warehouse & storage type the Hazardous field

I simulated in my system  & got this error while put away

Storage class  not allowed in storage type 101

Message no. L3073

Diagnosis

This material cannot be placed into stock in this storage type due to the hazardous material definitions.

I am curious how you have activated warehouse w/o any storage type

former_member198492
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murugan

Thank you for the response. Sorry for the confusion. To clarify, we have Plant, SLoc, Warehouse, Storage types and Storage bins.

We do not have any further warehouse enhancements such as storage sections, bin types, fixed bin, batch, SLED, etc.

I created a hazardous material and entered that number in to the Hazardous material field in Plant Stor. 1 section of the material master.

I have then activated HM using OMM2 with the settings

All of which are standard SAP settings out of the box.

I haven't assigned a region code to the warehouse (it is a blank field)

I have assigned the Storage Class to the Storage type that I am testing (HZ)

I have also created a new entry's in the Storage type search for the HZ storage type.

When I GR's some stock I was able to place the stock in to a different storage type without any warning message.

Any ideas?

Regards

Darren

former_member1186946
Participant
0 Kudos

In the screen shot you have enabled section check even though  you told that you don't have any storage section active why?Please remove it & try

In OMM2 in Storage Classes Allowed can you check the  box BLOCKED the other storage types where you don't want the material to be placed.