cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Per Diem for Meals - stop over problem

corgito
Discoverer
0 Kudos

how does onecnfigure the system to know that when you have more than one stopover per day, it should only canlculate the max per diem for the 24 hr period. for example, if a traveller leaves a location and to go to another location within the same day, and the system should calculate up to the maximum combining both entries. currently based on my incomplete config it gives two per diems for that day which is not correct. I know in this case it should use time as well, but this then forces me to aggregate the reimburstment about accross time scales which I think it incorrect.

Please assist.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Sidwell Ramoshaba,

most of such rules are hard coded/some rules are realized by customizing- it depends from the Travel Management Countryversion. As example (countryversion germany) if you have multiday business trip to an international destination- you will receive the meal per diem for this country where you stay at midnight (this is hard coded). Other example: country version sweden. You won't get meal per diems between the night time (0-6 o'clock) This based on customizing constants (morei 23: V_T706_CONST  const OVNBG and OVNEN).

If you check via transaction se38 Include RPRSR4FR_PS_KI4 you will find as my comment  some of the accounting rules for country version: public sector france ... 

(Begin of KCN1726295)

So which countryversion do you want to maintain? Is it a calendar day or 24-hour-intervall calculation (sm30: V_T702N_A switch meal per diem 17+19) Which meal per diem table do you want to use

normal per diems (sm30: V_T706V) or per diems depended from time(intervall (sm30: V_T706H).

You write above: ...the result is not correct. Is the result dependend from legal requirements?

Maybe you can create a concrete example Trip begin/additional destination/trip end and notice which per diems you expect- and I try to reproduce this in a test system.

BR
Klaus

corgito
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Good day,

Thanks for your response.

Let me create a scenario for us to use as a base for our discussion.

As a background - we ae using EHP5, Travel webdynpro (but this shouildnt make a difference )

We use one flat rate for meals per day e.g 80 EUR configured in V_T706V

calculation is done as 24H intervals, method 2. ( Will use variation of not scaling and method 2 for this example ). Maximum per day configured V_T706H - 80.

all these config is only done under enterprice, no statutory - only reimburstment amount.

User creates a trip to 10 days going to 2 different destinations. First destination is Munich and then Leipzig. Trip is captured on SAP as follows

Start 01/10/2013 12:00 - end 10/10/2013 18:00

Destination Munich

2 additional destinations added

05/10/2013 - Leipzig ( start time13:00 )

Now the per diem from this using method 2 come as as follows

day 1-4, 80 per day paid

day 5 00:00-12:59, 80 is paid

day 5 13:00-24:00, 80 is paid

day 6-10, 80 is paid

Per diem, no scaling

day 1-4, 80 per day paid ( only 3 days as day 1 is not a complete 24 day )

day 5 00:00-12:59, 00 is not paid, not a complete 24 day

day 5 13:00-24:00, 00 is paid, not a complete 24 day

day 6-10, 80 is only 4 days paid as last day is not a complete 24 day.

My concerns are as follows

SAP is trying to for me to aggregate the meal per diem, for example hourly. This then will allow the method 2 to work, but this works ok for day 5, but for day 10, it will pay less based on the hourly aggregation which is not what I want. It should still pay full per diem on day 10 even if the hours are less than 24. But for day 5, it should pay a maximum of 80.

Here is what I think should happen

Multiday trip, day 1 - Allow to configure which table is used, T706V - Possible

Multiday trip, in between - Allow to configure which table is used, T706V, Allow combining of trip legs for ONLY for deductions, e.g. day 5 above should be set as 1 entry when calculating per diem

Multiday trip, last day - Allow to configure which table is used, T706V - Possible

On the deductions screen these entries are combined.

Based on the code is is possible for , but I cant seem to get the config to work. I know that I can setup the config to work according to time, but I still run accross the same scaling problem for day 5 and day 10. if i aggregate, for day 5 will total to 80 but day 10 will total to a less about based on the time intervals.

again for the TIME config allows for 99, 98, 97 to represent first, inbetween and last day for multiday trips. at forst glance it was the answer to my problems, but this required minute by minute scaling ( time intervals for me in this case will not work ).

Thanks in advacne

0 Kudos

Hello Sidwell Ramoshaba,

there is maybe a solution in the dialogue available which is helpful for you too:

the so called 'trip breaks'. If you call transaction FITVFELD (for PR05) or FITVFELD_WEB (for Web transactions), select your trip provision variant (e.g. 99) select a trip scheme (e.g. international) and check on the right side the possible settings, you will find in third block (Activate Entry Screens) an new setting Additional Destinations, Trip Break (and maybe Land at tripbreaks).

The intention is: You can create (via button Trip Break on screen additional destinations) not with per diems evaluated time intervalls. This 'destination' will not be evaluated with T706V or T706H.

The logic of T706H-calculation can't fulfill your request. If You call transaction sm30 V_t706H for morei I1 (italian banking) you can see the predefined intervalls as standard setting. The logic here: If the trip duration crosses the 8:00-8:01 intervall you will get 0 reimbursement (no reimbursement for the breakfast time:-)/italian banking special)  If the trip duration crosses the 13:30-13:31 intervall traveller receives 1/3 of the whole day per diem- if he crosses 20-20:01 than 2/3 and so on. So you must cover the complete (1-minute interval) to receive reimbursement.

Deductions are not combined with the exact time - only with the day. (exception countryversion austria and norway- here are time fields available in the deduction screen).

That means if you choose trip breaks- that a deduction is related to the daily per diems not to the time intervall (break) where no per diems will be reimbursed.

So if you logon to your ERP system select transaction SFW5 / open ENTERPRISE_BUSINESS_FUNCTIONS scroll down to FIN_TRAVEL_3 - there you find the RELEASE-info and the documentation according the TRIP-BREAK function. (This function is only available if the business function is active)

I hope this was helpfull for you.

Best Regard

Klaus

Answers (0)