cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI - IR and ID Transport movement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Currently we are in SAP PI 7.0 , we work on release based model so we have more volume of PI transport,

As I know each Transport can be moved one by one , so need to find is there any possible way we can move the PI ID or IR Transport in bulk.

let me know all possibilities.

Regards,

Sethu.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sethu,

IR transports can be moved in bulk, just check them all in STMS and import them all in one go (I think F9 is the hotkey). This is safest if you only transport each SWCV once.

For ID you need to be more careful, but it can still be done. Conflicts only come up if you transport the same object twice, since then the system cannot decide how to handle the import. So if you're sure the transports are disjoint, you can still transport them in bulk. This is unlikely, however, since most probably you'll have business systems in there which are used in many scenarios. So there you'll have to go for a one-by-one approach most likely.

Just a remark before you go ahead: You better know what you're doing there, because cleaning up the mess could take you much more than transporting one-by-one.

Regards,

Jörg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here we are using CTS+, so I just want to know If there is a mass TR movement.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sethu,

We can do that but to be safer side my suggestion is to do the IR transport for SWC  and ID transport for each Scenario in order to avoid unnecessary confilcts within the system.

Regards,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sethu

Use the following approach

ESR transport : Create one transport for each software component version. This way transport number will be less.

ID Objects: For the ID objects if we do mass transport , then there is a chance of conflict. So create the transports in following manner

first create one transport for all the business system , BC and communication channels.

create one more transport for common objects like value mapping etc. Then create one transport for each process area.

former_member190624
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sethu,

We can handle PI object(ESR and ID) transports through ,

1. File transport

2. CTS+

3. SMP

In all mode of transports we will follow same rules . Move ESR objects first and ID objects next .

As I know each Transport can be moved one by one , so need to find is there any possible way we can move the PI ID or IR Transport in bulk.

you can move objects to import path at a time, but we need to import and activate(if needed for configuration objects) one by one only.

Regards

Hari.