cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APO DP JOBs: How to execute /sapapo/tscube transaction with variant daily?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo APO experts,

I have an issue acc. to transaction /SAPAPO/tscube. It has to be executed every day that's why I would like to schedule it in a background job.

I know how to create the job at all:

1. Creat an activity (/SAPAPO/MC8T)

2. Create Demand Planning job (/SAPAPO/MC8D)

3. Schedule job  (/SAPAPO/MC8G)

4. Check the job log ( /SAPAPO/MC8K)

Following these steps I can create it BUT how can I assign the tscube-variant to the activity???

Do you habe a suggestion/ advice how to manage the situation?

BR

Kristina

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ravi_malpani
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I suggest you create a process chain Using transaction RSPC.

1. Create a start step

2. Create a "DP Background Processing" step (Drag and drop from "SCM - Demand Planning" sub-menu)

3. You can assign the job, activity. Planning area, Planing book, data view and selection ID in this step

4. Save and activate the process chain. Process chain schedule (frequency & time) can be controlled via "Start step"

Or

Instead of "DP Background Processing" create a step for "Abap Program" from "General Services" sub menu. Here you can directly assign the Program " /sapapo/tscube" & it's variant.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Krishna

You don't need to assign TSCUBE variant to background job in Process Chain. To include TSCUBE variant in process chain you just need to use option of "Load Data From Infocube" under SCM demand planning. When you will drag this option in workspace, it will ask you your TSCUBE variant name.

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tnak you, Ravi!

I have already done it successfully!

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, you cannot use /sapapo/mc8* to schedule /sapapo/tscube.

Please use transaction SM36 to schedule job for program /SAPAPO/RTSINPUT_CUBE with your variant.