Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 7.3: strange TransformerException XSLT mapping

peter_wallner2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

- Dear experts,

Our PI picks 8 XML files every night using an FTP Sender adapter and six XSLT mappings transform the data to ORDERS.ORDERS05 iDocs.

For each XML file I get an iDoc.

About a week ago one of the files has the following error in SXMB_MONI:

TransformerException occurred during XSLT mapping

Looking at the trace I get the following:

Method fatalError called, terminate transformation, because of Thrown: javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 26840 at com.sap.engine.lib.jaxp.TransformerImpl.transform

The error happens at the last XSLT mapping, the ones before process successfully according to the trace.

If I then restart the message in MONI it is processed correctly.

- It is not always the same file (the files are numbered and the stuck file is not always with the same number).

- Use SAP XML Toolkit is checked in Operation Mapping

- The scenario has been running for more than a year now and all of a sudden this is happening. I did not change anything in the mapping either.

What I tried so far after the error had happened for the 3rd time:

- I transported XSLT and operation mapping again.

- In the FTP sender channel I set

"Run Operation System Command After Message Processing"

Command Line "sleep 20" (PI runs on AIX and this command is working) --> I did that so each message gets transformed one by one.

But now I am out of ideas. Could it be some memory problem on PI?

Thank you for any ideas on this.

Best regards,

Peter

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunil_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Peter,

XSLT mapping consumes lots of Memory and I think you are getting the error due to memory issue at run time (As you mentioned you were able to reprocess the message without any issue). Check your System Logs you will find some evidence of same.

There are few Notes to be considered to get rid of issue:Note 1484825 - Mapping Pool for XSLT messages consumes lots of memory

Thanks,

Sunil Singh

peter_wallner2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you Sunil, There is a memory problem apparently on the java side. Basis is analyzing this now. Best regards, Peter

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to check the logs and the application trace generated during that error messages so that you will get to know the reason behind the same...

it seems to be issue related to performance (can be w.r.t mapping or few settings..)

HTH

Rajesh

peter_wallner2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you Rajesh, basis team is investigating this issue now. There is a memory problem on the java side. Best regards, PEter

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Did you feel if there is any performance related issue within SAP PI at that particular time?

Also check with your Basis team if they can find some thing in the logs file.

Thakks,

Naveen.

peter_wallner2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you Naveen, it is a memory problem that basis team is now investigating. Thank you for your help. Best regards, Peter