cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

send file to a soap web service as an attachment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SCN members

We have a requirement on PI 7.3 to send files as an attachment to a soap web service. Can it be done just by choosing "Keep Attachments"

We would require ESR in this case as the web service wsdl would be imported as a Service Interface.

What about mapping? The file needs to be transferred as it is as it would be digitally signed from ECC.

Does anybody possess a sample web service which accepts attachment so that i can test y scenario?

Regards

Monika

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

simple way - send an XML with the same name as the attachment but a different extension

in file - SOAP flow fetch the XML file and in attachment fetch the signed attachment file

then you can the mapping if you want of the XML file to the soap request and the attachment will remain untouched,

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear MK

Thanks for your reply. I would create a file to soap scenario. Will normal soap do ? or we will have to use Axis etc? Can you please elaborate on the solution? I also need to do encryption of the file being transmitted . We we do message level security, will the attachment be also encrypted?

Regards

MK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Monika

You can use soap UI tool to test the scenario- under request  tab  you have option to add attachments . Paste the xml part in the request area and add attachment under attachment section.

Pls try with keep attachment and do not use soap envelope.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Srinivas

this will not help as i have to create a Receiver soap Adapter and i dont have a web service currently.

Regards

Monika

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nitinlpatil12
Participant
0 Kudos