Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

component based message alerting alert rule does not support SFTP adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Friends,

We are on SAP PI AEX 7.3.1 SP7.

We use alert rule object and component based message alerting with local alert engine.

My question is that:

why I can not find SFTP adapter added under Alert rule- message statuses option in Extended tab of Alert rule.

Is SAP PI not supported SFTP adapter to local alerting?

Regards,

Divyesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I believe this is now fixed with note 2042088 SFTP Adapter alerts for channel error's.

Regards

Mark

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Great find. Thanks for sharing. : Please check if the note applies to you and mark the call answered, if so.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

We have applied the current version of the SFTP Adapter (SP 04, PL 03), however when we edit or create an Alert Rule SFTP is still not in the list of Message Statuses in the Integration Builder.

Is this the same for others as well or did I miss anything? Do we need to patch anything else?

Best regards,

Markus

0 Kudos

Hello All,

Did any one resolved this issue of not getting alerts for SFTP adapter sender channel errors. I have also checked 2042088 note.When we try to implement the same note in our system, it is showing as 'Note can't be implemented'. Our SFTP adapter version is SP001, patch 06. Do we have any other option to get alerts for SFTP sender channel errors.

Thanks,

Ramana.

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Ramana,

"When we try to implement the same note in our system, it is showing as 'Note can't be implemented'."
- this is the error thrown if you attempt to apply a Java code fix via the ABAP transaction SNOTE. Please ensure you are applying the note via the SUM tool. The fix in the note you have referenced allows alerting with the SFTP adapter, so you need this fix.

- I would recommend that you update all SFTP/B2B software to the latest available SP release and patch levels for that SP (SP04). There are many bug fixes and functionality improvements since your current SP01 PL06 version.

Regards
Mark

0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I asked basis team to apply 2042088 note using SUM tool. They said that There is no option available in SUM tool to apply SAP Note.Could you please provide any document on how to apply SNOTE from SUM tool. Thank you.

Regards,

Ramana.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's a pity   No any non-classical adapters are present for alert rules: no MDM, no SFTP, no sample adapters. IMHO it's a sort of hardcoded stuff.

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can confirm that sFTP Adapter is not showing as separate status group in messages statuses tab on PI 7.4 SP 7 AEX. We have deployed the sFTP Adapter.

However, I didn't have the chance to try this out as we are still in process of switching from old PI 7.0 environment to new environment, hence no sFTP scenario on new PI yet.

Maybe you wanna clarify with SAP if this is a missing feature or if this is cumulated under "File Adapter" (unlikely in my opionion)

Cheers

Jens

naas_duplessis2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I have the same problem to generate alerts for SAP SFTP adapter.  Did you find a solution?

Regards

Naas du Plessis

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Divyesh,

It would really surprise me if SAP does not support this.

Is the SFTP adapter deployed? Please be aware that this is a separate deployment and is not contained within the PI B2B ADD-ON deployment.

Did you already test this?

Kind regards,

Dimitri