Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Characteristics in outgoing quality certificate

duarte_melim
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm setting up quality certificates for finished products, and in my inspection plans i have some characteristics that are not master, they were created for that one plan.

When printing the quality certificate (standard form), only the master characteristics are printed and not the others.

Also, in the certificate model, the system only allows me to select master characteristics and not the regular ones.

Can I assume only master characteristics will ever be available for the certificates or is there a way to include the plan-specific ones?

Thank you

D

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you create totally independent characteristics in an inspection plan, (i..e. no MIC number), then as you have seen, they are not available for use in certs. 

General characteristics, (AKA Batch characteristics or class characteristics by some), are available to be used in certs. In fact, it is my preferred method.  In the cert profile you just to need choose for them. 

In the column "Category" select "2 Class Characteristic".  You will than have to enter the characteristic name instead of the MIC.  You will also need to change your result origin as value as well to a "2 Batch Classification".  Some of the other values may need to be changed but without knowing more details of your design, it's hard for me to say exactly what.

FF

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

duarte_melim
Explorer
0 Kudos

Well guys, thanks for the tips. Now I know not to tell users to use independent characteristics whenever certificates expected from inspection lots.

Regards,

DM

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Melim,

Make sure your results are locked before you print a quality certificate. If you want to print the value which are not picked from class but from Master's, this need to be done. Pl check and revert back

Regards,

ntn