cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to know whether we have authorization for sap installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

We have SAP servers  and Solman on AIX and Oracle DB.

We are planning to install solman 7.1 on Windows with Oracle, so far that how can we know whether we have license to install sap on windows,

as i can see the the download option in SWDC for windows also.

Please let us know is there any option to know with our current s-user id or do we need to check with SAP regarding this.

Regards,

Muzamil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Muzamil,

You can use the same S-user ID to download installation media for windows with oracle. As Juan mentioned after installing you can apply the new license with the same installation number.

regards

kartik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan/ kartik,

Thanks for the reply and provided information.

I was thinking about is SAP will charge additionally for installing Solman and getting license for windows at the time of auditing, as we have license for AIX only.

Do we need to take prior approval for doing this activity from SAP.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Muzamil

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Solman license is free, so you don't have to pay any additional fees regardless if is on Windows or AIX.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Juan,

I think it is not for free completely because you have to pay for users in production client there - in case you do not have them created in other systems so you can merge those.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Thanks again for the reply and information.

Regards,

Muzamil

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should be able to Install Solman on Windows without any issues. As long as you have an installation number for SOLMAN you can do the install and request the license

Regards, Juan