cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netweaver 7.31 Kernel Update

0 Kudos

Hi Guys

I have kernel 7.20 with NW 7.31 on WIN 2012 and want to update to 7.20 EXT.

I need quick guide to do the update without using SUM if possible.

I downloaded SAPEXEDB_402-20006745.SAR from SSMP (is this the only file I require).

I wanted follow procedure whereby I copy files to usr\sap\sid\sys\exe,

however I don't have an exe folder  - only JVM and UC folders and the contents of sapexedb is much less than the existing exe folder.

Please advise.

Joe

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_kulcsar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

don't forget

IGS

IGSHELPER

SAPCRYPTOLIB

DBATOOLS

as described in Note 1553301

--

Stefan

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

You need these files:

SAPEXEDB_402-20006745.SAR and SAPEXE_402-20006748.SAR

regarding the procedure:

Stop SAP

Stop and Disable all SAP services in services.msc

Delete all the existing files in the location DIR_CT_RUN

Delete all the files present at DIR_EXECUTABLE

Extract the archives SAPEXEDB_402-20006745.SAR and SAPEXE_402-20006748.SAR using SAPCAR

Follow this SAP Note 1553301 - 7.20 EXT Kernel - Usage

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1553301

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all, you also need the SAPEXE_402-<number>.SAR file from the database independent section for your hardware.  The file you downloaded has only the database specific executables, the other one has the rest.

Second, you need to determine, whether you use sapcpe to copy kernel updates into the actual kernel folder.  (I assume you do based on the existence of the UC folder you mention above.)  Just check your start profile, whether sapcpe.exe is started before the instance is started.  If that is the case, take a note of the folder sapcpe is copying from, and unpack both downloaded files to that folder using command "sapcar -xvf <filename>.sar -r <destination folder>".  Then you just restart your system and the new kernel is copied in.  In case of Windows, you will have to shut it down again after that, restart the service SAP<SID>_<nr>, then start the system again.

If you don't use sapcpe, you need to shut down your system, including the service in case of Windows, then unpack both archives to your kernel folder.  You can find that folder name by running program RSPARAM in transaction SE38 and looking for parameter DIR_EXE.  Then you start the system again.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to do some reading... The procedure to upgrade the kernel is described on

Note 1636252 - Installing a 7.20 kernel in SAP Web AS 7.00/7.01/7.10/7.11

Regards, Juan