cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export into EU & EFTA: How to maintain multiple commodity codes for same plant in (retail) material master?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts, this question has been raised several times, but it is still not clear to me how (or if) the material master (or SD) takes care of several commodity codes.

If the same plant (distribution center) exports to both EU and EFTA, foreign trade commodity/import codes for both regions have to be defined for each article since they differ in the last 2 digits, which results in 2 different codes per article.

Background from e.g. the Norwegian customs (EFTA member):

Column 2 – “Number”
A commodity code consists of 8 digits. The first 6 digits are incorporated in the Harmonized System, and are mandatory for all countries using this system as a basis for their customs tariffs. In most cases, the 7th digit reflects national customs duty rates (as bound in WTO). The 8th digit is used to cover e.g. national statistical needs and the interest of the Ministry of Agriculture and Food and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs concerning import and export regulations. In some cases, the 8th digit is also used to specify goods levied with special fees.

Same question has been raised earlier:

Thanks for your valuable inputs

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

My question should have been where to maintain commodity codes for same plant in (retail) material master. Each article has its commodity code per plant, and each plant is assigned a country. This results in the country (or region) specific commodity code used on import/export.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

Please check below link,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/35/2a355daae85cd5e10000009b38f974/content.htm    

Could you please ,can you share small example on this like why you need two commodity codes in MM01.

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naren, thanks for your help.

We need to store 2 commodity codes per article, one for EU and one for an EFTA country, since the articles are exported from the same plant to both regions.

We need to send the codes (depending on the destination/ship-to country/region) together with the deliveries to an external (non-SAP) system.

We observed there is a field on the delivery item which we would like to populate automatically for this purpose -

Code no.-Destin.ctry (Import code no. in destination country for foreign trade):

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

First of all thanks for explaining in explicit way.I understood your problem now.

We need to store 2 commodity codes per article, one for EU and one for an EFTA country, since the articles are exported from the same plant to both regions.

Its Ok. I understood your requirement but just think ,if we have two different commodity codes in MM01 then when you are going to create a Delivery then you can not get this commodity code automatically as well as in Billing also means you need to manually maintain it over there.

Actually,I have done this FTA for Poland but I ddint get this kind of requirement in my exp.I have searched a lot in Service Market Place bu dont get exactly on yours.

Note: Lets wait some time ,may be any expert will provide something on this.Mean while,I will check and let you know.I think,may be,we need to do some enhancement on this for achieving.

Thanks,

Naren

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Martin,

You may need to do additional configuration to fulfill this requirement.

Add the commodity codes for Destination country, in your case EFTA country in SPRO->Sales and distribution ->Foreign Trade/customs ->basis data for foreign trade->define commodity code/import code numbers by country. Note that you may need to add either import or export or both in the additional info field to populate correct values in documents.

Then in use the same path and at commodity codes:convert export into Import code numbers. Here for add the from country+commodity code and destination country+commodity code conversions. By this way, the destination country commodity code can be populated at delivery ->line item ->code number (destination country) fields.

Regards,