cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Composer 7.3 Storyboard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I try to create a new model in VC7.3, however I find VC7.3 is very different from VC7.0.

1. COMPOSE > Expand Application Element, there is nothing for me to drag and drop. Cannot start the design.

2. SEARCH > Found desired FM, but cannot drag and drop to the storyboard, it does not allow.

I found some VC7.3 tutorials but the screen shots shows the same as I am seeing right now: please refer attached image.

Did I missed out any settings or configurations?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member202465
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Could it be you mean to create a Composite View model?

If so, use the Model => New option in the top menu and then the following selections -

(also enter model name and Development Component):

See also in Modeler's guide:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/48/0c886211e525cde10000000a42189c/frameset.htm

Thanks,

Udi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udi,

Thanks for your suggestion, but I already gone trough the step as your screen shot, now I am in this screen:

All the Composite iViews, Pages, created. But I could not access any control element like Form, Table, and etc.

Really had no idea what is the cause.

former_member202465
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

It seems as if the model in the screenshot is not a Composite View. In the New Model dialog you should choose this type - Composite View - as in my example. Then you use the Visual Composer elements in it.

If this is not working out, please add a screenshot of the New Model dialog box you use when you create the model in question, with your Model Type selection (just before pressing OK).

Thanks,

Udi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udi, Thanks for your suggestions. It is the Composite View.

And I finally find out this is due to authorization problem.

When I use Administrator to login to VC, then I get the normal screen. Phew!!

Thanks again.

former_member202465
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I haven't thought of that

Note that you could also add the Visual Composer Role to non-admin users if you need to.

Thanks,

Udi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udi,

I need to create new user who is also a VC modeler.

Administrator - can access everything  in VC;

New User 1 - can access as in my post on [Sep 13, 2013 8:11 AM] which cannot really develop anything.

New User 2 cloned from Administrator - same as User 1.

Any idea what should I do to resolve this?

Thanks & Regards,

Sarah

former_member202465
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

From what I see, if I create a new user and add the VC Role, they could enter VC and model.

About Data Services:

• Those defined in the nwa, like R3, are automatically working
  • Those defined in irj like BI, the User Mapping needs to be defined per user.

I'll look for a topic in the documentation, hope it's explained there to the full details.

Thanks,

Udi

former_member202465
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here is the topic in the official documentation.

Thanks,

Udi

Answers (0)