cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Report Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

when I try to run the sample Crystal Reports report I receive following error in IC on the task:

Error Failed generating report Report-11044.pdf

com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.report.lib.ReportSDKException: Unexpected database connector error---- Error code:-2147467259 Error code name:failed

Error putNextEntry failed storing5958

Our environment: Windows 2008 R2, IDM 7.2 SP8, MSSQL 2008 R2.

Any ideas? Is there a log somewhere which could give us more infos?

Thanks in advance,

zoko

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

dyaryura
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Zoltan/Krishna,

I'm having a similar issue. Could you share the run-time libraries you're using?

Thank You!!.

Diego.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

You can get the working runtime libraries I have used from the following path.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9a9zv2Ui-bPODBsRmNEU0xEMGM/edit?usp=sharing

Please send me a direct message if you have any issues in accessing the path.

Also, please note that even after you have use these new working libraries, you will get error like "logon Failed" etc.,  The reason is, the sample report is developed and saved with connection details database as sp4_db, user as sp4_rt.

So, to make this work, you have to edit the report in crystal reports 2011 which you can download a 30 days free trial and the database connection details are to be modified as per your database connection.

All the best.

Thanks,

Krishna.

dyaryura
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Krishna,

Actually I've the issue you described regarding the user SP4_rt. Thank you very much for the clarification!!.

By the way, how do you work with the audit team regarding the IdM reports? Do they ask you for reports and you create them in Crystal?

I think that SAP must provide a set of standard reports like a SUIM for ABAP.

Thanks!

Diego.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

We are not using Crystal Reports. We are using html reports that comes with RDS of IDM.

SAP is providing standard reports with the SAP IDM RDS solution. For more information on RDS you can refer to link http://scn.sap.com/community/netweaver-idm/blog/2012/08/13/new-rds--sap-netweaver-identity-managemen...

With RDS, the following standard reports are provided.

User details report, user authorization report, user history report, user list per business role report, etc., you can modify these reports as per your requirement. Please be informed that these are html reports.

When our auditors request information we are generating the html report, saving it as pdf and giving the information .

For reconciliation reports, you can see me blog http://scn.sap.com/community/netweaver-idm/blog/2013/09/09/reconciliation-reports-in-sap-idm

Cheers,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zoltan,

Are you able to see the sample report using Crystal report viewer(CRV) ? First check if you are able to see the report using CRV. If you are able to see, but IDM not able to connect, then I would suggest you to raise OSS with SAP. The problem could be with the libraries, and SAP can guide you accordingly.

Thanks,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zoltan,

I have tried to generate the sample crystal report in my system. I was getting the same error in IDM. But I was able to generate the report through the Crystal report viewer for Eclipse.

So my preliminary assumption was problem with the run time libraries that we defined in the class path of MMC and my assumption was correct. Please get the working libraries for run time from SAP. you can raise a OSS note for this.

After that also,  you will get logon errors with entry_report.rpt, as this is just a template which has to be modified in the crystal designer as per our requirement. You can refer the "Modifying the sample report" section of the implementation guide for this.

once the report looks in par with your  requirement in the designer, save the report and use it in the IDM job.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Krishna.