Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing Values from View to a Embedded View

former_member184155
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have created a Web dynpro  ABAP application in which inside a view i have embedded a Dynamic view container . i want to pass an argument / value from this View ( this view has received this value from some other view )to the embedded Dynamic view .

How can i access this value in the embedded view is there any class available ?

waiting for your expert suggestions.

Thanks & Regards

Priyesh Shah.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

alex_campbell
Contributor
0 Kudos

Rule #1 of Object Oriented programming is "don't make available to other controllers anything that you don't intend to be available to them". If you want to make a value available outside the view, you will have to design the view that way.

A good design for when the value is requested by other components is to create a method in your embedded view controller (or as an interface method of your component controller if it's part of a different WebDynpro component) that will return the needed value when requested.

Alternatively, if you need to push the value out to other components (for example if the user makes a selection in a table, and that needs to be reflected in other views) you can create an action in the embedded view and fire that action when the user makes their change. Then you can create event handler methods to accept the value pushed by them embedded view.

former_member184155
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks all of you for your inputs , i finally figured it out by my self.

Thanks & Regards

Priyesh Shah

Former Member
0 Kudos

How you solved your problem?. please share the solution with all so that you can be helpful for other too not like your previous comment.

please take care of this in future also.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I thing this can be easily achievable using nodes on component controller..

make a node at CC and use it in all view. so data can be read in all view..