Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropdown Copy In Screen Personas

ashish_sachdeva
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am developing screen personas to Merge multiple screens into one for PA40 New hire, I have a requirement to copy Dropdown values from  Dropdown control in a screen.

I don't know how to link Dropdown values?

Could anyone help to solve this problem?

With regards,

Ashish Sachdeva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TobiasQueck
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Personas does not support dynamically copying value sets (content of dropdown lists) from another screen. If you add a dropdown list to the screen then you have to manually define each value and label. Later with a script you can then use a CopyValue action on your new dropdown to copy its selected value and PasteValue to paste the value in the original dropdown in PA40.

Cheers,
Tobias.

ashish_sachdeva
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

Thanks for your reply!!

I had am using same technique mentioned by you. Maybe In future Releases  we can see this option too.

Thanks and Regards,

Ashish Sachdeva

TobiasQueck
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Of course, I cannot promise any feature for the future but I would like to understand better what you would like to see. Would you expect something like a static copy feature i.e. you are creating your flavor and you say copy values from different screen during flavor creation OR would you expect something dynamic like an onload script that copies all values from a different screen and then adds them to the list on you personalized screen at runtime?

Cheers,
Tobias.

PS: Otherwise, is your question answered or do you need something else for now?

ashish_sachdeva
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

I would expect Dynamic values based on Scripting language , Yes On-load script can be a good option.

Thanks for your support Tobias , it was great to have support from you on this issue.

Yes issue is resolved by using Static values in Dropdown.

Best Regards,

Ashish Sachdeva

Answers (0)