cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create new extension field in message class (ID 382)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a requirement to increase the length of OOTB field named "Content" in the RFx --> Discussions -->New Message from 2000 to 4000. Here I am attaching the screen shots. Since we can't increase the length of OOTB field, I thought of hiding this field and create new extension field.

But while creating new extension in the Setup --> Extension Definition, I couldn't find class Message (ID 382). Please let me know how to do this.

Thanks,

Srini

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello,

Not all Sourcing objects support extensions.  Unfortunately, Message (382) does not.  Sorry.

Thanks,

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rob. If possible could you suggest work around for my requirement.

Regards,

Srini

0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

I'm not sure what kind requirements you are facing, but would it be possible for users to use the Attachment field and upload whatever detailed information needs to be captured in a text or Word document?

Sorry I can't really think of a good workaround.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

Currently we are using attachments only. But the problem problem with this is, attachment icon is very small and many times users can't notice it. Here I am attaching the screen shot for the reference.

Any idea how to increase the size of this icon?

Thanks,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked the source code and found the icon for attachment. So I am planning to increase this  gif file size. But not sure how to do this change. Please let me know how to do this

https://xyz.com/sourcing/images/icn_attachment_on.gif

Thanks,

Srini

Answers (0)