cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

1) I would like to know if it possible to have a relation between or among repositories in general. For exemple between Vendor and Material repositories.

2) Is it normal in MDM data manager or console when we change a field or a tab the values are automatically registered without a warning or pop up (like do you want to save?), is it possible to change it in options?

In advance thank you for your help,

Aklilu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Qn1)

You cannot have a relationship between repositories.

But, you can workaround it. Using Java API or Web Services, you can link/relate multiple repositories.

Basically you are LUWs are split across multiple repositories.

You can also use the IViews of Portal. In the IView you can event from the result set iView and launch a totally new iView.

Qn2)

In order to avoid accidental change of data in Data Manager, you can use the Check Out Exclusive/Check in function in Data Manger.

Right click on a record and click Check Out Exclusive.

This way no one else can edit the record.

Make your changes. You can then save too... At any time you can compare the original record with the revised version.

If the changes are satisfactory, then you may check in the record. Else you can rollback the changes.

Currently MDM does not have a popup saying you are about to change. Do you want to save dialog.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much,

Aklilu

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aklilu ,

In Data-Manager , you have Validations tab . There you can write your Validation expressions like "Is_not_null(Name)" , LEN(Name) > 10 .

I agree that its not a very good way , but atleast something is there as of now to get warning on some imp things .

- An

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Resom ,

2) It is normal with the changes , but you can add validations on them to get warning or pop-up .

hope this helps a little ,

- An

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks An,

But can you please tell me how and where to parameter it.

Kind regards,

Aklilu